Everytime A diplomat is played, my game crashes.

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
Flame

Everytime A diplomat is played, my game crashes.

Post by Flame »

This happened just recently. So I couldn't find the newest download to freeciv so I would just play on web today. Basically everytime I needed and used a diplomat, the game failed to load anything. I would press end turn, or try to move another unit and nothing would respond. I tried 2 games with it, then found out in my third game I had saved. Basically here is what happen.

Writing is researched.
I create diplomat in a city. (usually with a library but sometimes not)
I send the diplomat.
Diplomat moves correctly
Diplomat interacts with enemy city
I select an option
Game is unresponsive.
Flame

Re: Everytime A diplomat is played, my game crashes.

Post by Flame »

Also, I can select units but it won't move them and I can't change city stuff. Pressing turn done simply doesn't work.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Ops, using diplomats will crash Freeciv-web. Sorry about that. I will try to fix it as soon as possible.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Please report this to our bugtracker. We follow the forums with only one eye (and some may not at all), while bugs entered to tracker are always noticed: http://gna.org/bugs/?func=additem&group=freeciv
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Flame wrote:So I couldn't find the newest download to freeciv
www.freeciv.org has links to downloads near the top ("Where is Freeciv?")
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Andreas: Has play.freeciv.org been updated today so that commit 99c963e2bc51ac55d3ccd4eae5c48a0069f48930 is included? It contained some diplomat changes due to freeciv server changes.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Yes, updated today. I think the crash is due to diplomat_id which was changed to actor_id. I'll fix it.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:Yes, updated today. I think the crash is due to diplomat_id which was changed to actor_id. I'll fix it.
There are more changes coming in this area. I'll try to keep freeciv-web updated. Would (clearly marked) untested pull requests be useful in case I'm unable to set up a freeciv web environment on the computer I currently have access to that don't shut down because of overheating?
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Great sveinung! clearly marked untested pull requests would be great. Even better would be if you could make direct commits to github of tested changes. I would be glad to help you solve any problems you might have with setting up Vagrant. :D
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A fix for this problem has now been pushed to production.