Qt Client Fails to Update Sometimes r33292

You can get help here if Freeciv doesn't start on your computer, or if you keep getting fatal errors while playing etc.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Qt Client Fails to Update Sometimes r33292

Post by GriffonSpade »

Odd Qt client behavior in 2.6 r33292. Didn't check other clients' behavior.
Occasionally, the client will apparently stop updating. (ie. turn done button, units[especially fortified or sentried units are noticable], etc. have no effect when pressed/ordered)
Doesn't carry through after loading a save, and apparently, valid orders given are carried out.
Happened twice to me up to about 1500 CE, cause unknown.(I saved and reloaded once)
mir3x
Veteran

Re: Qt Client Fails to Update Sometimes r33292

Post by mir3x »

No idea, have u checked themes in graphics, local options - does it have fusion ? Does progressbars look better ?
(It will be also in 2.5.5)

btw that end turn lockdown means that pressing turn done does nothing ?
And it happens all at one time? ( I mean units, and buttons ?)
Maybe u pressed some hotkey from multiplayer menu by mistake, and then units can not react, but turn done would work.
( i just chcked it can do some lockdown, but turn done should be ok, check chat if there are some messagess then, that set rally point can do it)

EDIT: for me choosing Fusion theme makes freeciv not responding, but windowsXP or Vista theme works well.
That lockdown looks like lost connection to server.
Last edited by mir3x on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GriffonSpade
Elite

Re: Qt Client Fails to Update Sometimes r33292

Post by GriffonSpade »

Yeah, it all stops at once. The client lets you press buttons and give orders, but it doesn't actually /do/ anything, or at least as far as the client knows. But saving and then reloading shows that it actually /DOES/ seem to accept commands, it's just that the client for whatever reason isn't getting this from the server.