Beta release 2.6.0-beta2

New releases, projects, multiplayer games, etc.
JTN
Elite

Beta release 2.6.0-beta2

Post by JTN »

The second beta for the next major version of Freeciv, 2.6.0-beta2, has just been released.

The changes since beta1 are mainly bugfixes (full list); one notable bug was that map resources were lost when saving from a scenario game.

Relative to 2.5.x, 2.6.x includes a redesigned Qt client with multiplayer features, experimental map scaling, a substantially revised version of the civ2civ3 ruleset, GriffonSpade's Hexemplio large hex tileset, and much more flexibility for custom rulesets. See the summary of changes since 2.5.x.

Source code is available here. Compiled Windows packages aren't available yet, but will hopefully follow shortly.

Please report bugs you find on our bug tracker at hostedredmine (rather than on this forum) so we don't lose track of them.
JTN
Elite

Re: Beta release 2.6.0-beta2

Post by JTN »

The Windows builds are now up.
mqtx

Re: Beta release 2.6.0-beta2

Post by mqtx »

Thanks for finally bringing in the 2.6 version!
Some things I've noticed in Windows with the gtk3 client.
"Client settings" is confusing for those who are new to this game. "Settings" would be less confusing. It's already the client anyway!
The sound is not enabled by default. I have to manually select "sdl" in my system and reboot to hear it (nobody is going to do that...).
I have a biased opinion about this because I am the author of the mqtx musicset but the default "sdl-musicset" has no music for the game itself (it's a bit disappointing!). I'm not saying you make "mqtx" the default musicset but feel free to borrow music tracks from it for the game.
About the music engine: please add something to prevent the same track to be played twice in a row!
Finally, I couldn't reproduce it more than once but the program crashed when I pressed on quit in the middle of the game (before showing me the dialog window to ask me permission).
louis94
Hardened

Re: Beta release 2 6 0 beta2

Post by louis94 »

KamClep wrote: the Beta seems find so far , but can not get it to connect when I go through my router, not sure what port I need to check, anyone can help please ?
Port 5556. By the way 2.6.0 has been released some time ago :)