Source code for Freeciv-web running on Freecivweb.org

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Source code for Freeciv-web running on Freecivweb.org

Post by sveinung »

Canik wrote:Yeah, I should've just used your stable release. Sorry.
Oh wait, it didn't exist.
I think this is wrong:
Lexxie wrote:It's a simple matter of going to our last commit made before our last public release, the exact day and hour of which is well known to you.
Could both sides publically agree to mark deployment commits for future releases/deployments - say using git tags and/or per release branches?
Last edited by sveinung on Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

Canik wrote:
Yeah, I should've just used your stable release. Sorry.
This is a falsehood. Every continued falsehood or half truth you make in public, and especially ones trying to zero-sum me and FCW, are digging a deeper hole for you to never come out of. One day you'll probably regret that. Now should be a time of humility and apology for you if you ever wanted to regain some kind of credibility.

Our repository offers an archaeological ladder of every stable release and rebuild we've ever done.

Thus you just lied in public.

Perhaps though you refer to this: For a period when you were A NONCOMPLIANT AGPL LICENSE VIOLATOR STEALING OUR CODE, it happened to be the best timing for us to start a repo/workflow migration. Since any issues in code availability during that time killed two birds with one stone by locking out the PARASITIC THIEF. YES, during this time period, private beta code was only available to our valid users and AGPL contributors, by request. Which is our right and not a bad strategy when dealing with the Parasite Paradigm. Fortunately now that you're NO LONGER A THIEF and are compliant again, we have reverted to our normal policy of full public exposure.

However, this is all after the fact from when you went non-compliant and parasitic on purpose, after your cadre started its black ops, and after you made decisions in your code base that caused all your problems. Let me remind people, for A to cause B, A has to come before B in time. Anyone who says A causes B where A is after B in the temporal sequence, is a LIAR. Don't be a liar. I'm tired of it.

I don't have time for more of this.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Lexxie wrote:A NONCOMPLIANT AGPL LICENSE VIOLATOR STEALING OUR CODE
How exactly do you "steal" a free opensource code?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Lexxie wrote:
Canik wrote:
Yeah, I should've just used your stable release. Sorry.
This is a falsehood. Every continued falsehood or half truth you make in public, and especially ones trying to zero-sum me and FCW, are digging a deeper hole for you to never come out of. One day you'll probably regret that. Now should be a time of humility and apology for you if you ever wanted to regain some kind of credibility.

Our repository offers an archaeological ladder of every stable release and rebuild we've ever done.

Thus you just lied in public.

Perhaps though you refer to this: For a period when you were A NONCOMPLIANT AGPL LICENSE VIOLATOR STEALING OUR CODE, it happened to be the best timing for us to start a repo/workflow migration. Since any issues in code availability during that time killed two birds with one stone by locking out the PARASITIC THIEF. YES, during this time period, private beta code was only available to our valid users and AGPL contributors, by request. Which is our right and not a bad strategy when dealing with the Parasite Paradigm. Fortunately now that you're NO LONGER A THIEF and are compliant again, we have reverted to our normal policy of full public exposure.

However, this is all after the fact from when you went non-compliant and parasitic on purpose, after your cadre started its black ops, and after you made decisions in your code base that caused all your problems. Let me remind people, for A to cause B, A has to come before B in time. Anyone who says A causes B where A is after B in the temporal sequence, is a LIAR. Don't be a liar. I'm tired of it.

I don't have time for more of this.
Calling something a lie suggests someone knows something be to true and claims the opposite. I have not lied.

Perhaps there was a way to get a stable version I didn't know about but what's definitely true is you refused to help at all and thus I was left on my own to *attempt* to figure it out.

And it is true you had misleading labelled the code as the current state of the fcw.org server when in fact it was not, correct?

That being said:

I do apologize for accusing you have having a tundra overlay and not having the code uploaded. It appears I was mistaken in that.