Call for community peace

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Canik
Veteran

Re: Call for community peace

Post by Canik »

Corbeau wrote:Let's see if I got right what is happening in this thread. Lexxie, who didn't publish her code, is complaining that Canik, who published his code, did not publish his code?

Did I get it right?
Yeah pretty much.

@Lexxie can I at least go ahead and get the desert overlay graphics you have? you got my idea to make terrain look better and my swamp/tundra graphics. would be cool to get a lil something in return. I have much more coming out too that some of which will be useful to you I'm sure. I give, you give, everyone wins!
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Sorry are the desert graphics still in testing? sharing them pose a security risk?
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Well that call to peace ended quickly. Guess it wasn't genuine. I'm here at the table whenever you're ready, Lexxie.
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

Canik has obfuscated and deliberately hidden his code, made it exceedingly hard to get, after over a month of impossible to get. To this day it is absolutely and without question non-compliant to the AGPL license. Take the challenge now, pretend to be a user of his site and tell me how I get the AGPL code he is happy to take from us, and the accreditation for who wrote it.... Winners of this challenge get a real prize, contact me privately.

I never start wars on this on holy collaborative ground. This site, is not for wars. If you ever see me here in a war, look back in history. Someone lied and I had to defend our honour.

This site is still waiting for a moderator. GET ONE PLEASE. Until then, we will blast and destroy false liar attacks.

As you can imagine, it's difficult for us to figure out how to handle someone who is in flagrant violation of AGPL. Here we are giving away thousands of hours of work free, thousands of pages of free code, under good will you will share it and be collaborative. Like, hey that was hard work, can you at least be nice ?! Can you imagine someone so dank, so dark, so evil, they will steal it all, hide their own code, then go to war against you after they "stole" it all from you? No, it's not stolen for people who are compliant to open source. For people who are closed source and hide their own changes, yes, it's THEFT. People who do THEFT are THIEVES. Some nations still cut your hand off for that stuff.

FCW is a voluntary licensor giving away our code. We **want** people to enjoy our AGPL license and modify and share what they do, and grow the project, which is why we do it.

Please do not support anyone trying loopholes in enforcement or moderation to abuse that. This whole community dies if we allow bad faith actors like this.

Keep it cool, I sure do, or try to ...

Cheers,
Lexxie
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

*coughs* like my new signature, Lexxie?

also there's a channel with it in on our discord.
and I'll go ahead and rebuild my site real quick so there will be a nice source link right in your face.
Now you won't even have to do that though because it'll be literally everywhere.

Lexxie, you know, TnT is compliant but even if it wasn't. You should still be. Release your code please. Make peace.