Freeciv-web not releasing the source code?

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Canik
Veteran

Re: Freeciv-web not releasing the source code?

Post by Canik »

Canik wrote:
Lexxie wrote:Oh hi babies!

First of all, forum.freeciv.org is holy ground only and i mean ONLY for what makes all sites better. As Zoltan once said, "don't be like me"

Cheers
Cool release your source code so we can make our sites and your site better.
Lexxie wrote:Dear Everyone,

I am sad to announce that Louis Moureaux has exited the Freeciv Open source project.
Yeah I doubt that. I'm sure Louis will continue to do great work for longturn.net, tacticsandtriumph.com and the Freeciv community as a whole.
wieder
Elite

Post by wieder »

The "peace treaty" Lexxie is referring to probably means a random chat on discord with no actual deals or signing whatsoever. After the chat I was removed from the server and no longer have access to it. When asked about it I was told it was kept private or something like that. In short no such "treaty" was made. If it would be a real one it would have been made available to the public or at least to the participants. Since I haven't seen this it's also possible that someone has been imposing as me and agreed to something I would not have agreed to. In this case I have nothing to so with such a "treaty".

It is not ok to act like this.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually, the “treaty” she is refereing to is, roughly, “we shall not insult and smear each other in public”, which was never a problem because nobody is smearing FCW nor we ever wanted to do anything like that. I keep saying it’s a great project that I don’t want to be ruined. The problem is that every criticism in the form of “this aspect isn’t really working well” is taken as an assault and “smear campaign” against FCW.

I mean, if anyone wants to check the details, everything is out there. A lot of it on this forum.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

Everyone knows you guys are Op42 or "Cobra" or whatever you want to call it, looking for any excuse to do political, technical, hacker warfare against us.

This might explain the current campaign which some people don't know. They waited for the moment I go on vacation to STRIKE in Operation HYPO.CRISIS!

What was possibly needed here is a full exposure of the hypocrisy of certain individuals. What looks like me not having time on vacation to handle their operation hipocrisis might really be my secret plan to for FULL EXPOSURE of bad actors. At the time of this writing:

TnT civ patently obviously and flagrantly non-AGPL compliant and hiding its source code WHILE simultaneously attacking us for not (yet) delivering some beta test code that I can't package up or release yet. You don't see one little word or legal threat against TnT however, do you? Nope you don't. I have finally PROVED the tainted bad actor motives of these people.

1. Operator of TnT claims I "took" his graphics and don't put them on site.
2. https://github.com/Canik05/freeciv-tnt/ ... ta/amplio2 -- clearly does not have graphics being used on his site. In addition this means many other components of the site are running in 'black mode'.
3. "Native jihadi" famous for hating web clients, rush to help an AGPL violating website. Seems weird huh? Make some kind of war against FCW for not seeing some beta-code they are not users of and have no interest in? Seems weird huh? But are strangely completely uninterested in the flagrant non-compliance of the other site. Seems weird, huh?

EXPOSED!!!! Caught! Trapped! Photoshoot with the pants down! Wow, that's more petty than I thought! Everyone, look at these people and what they do. We caught them!

In the past, and this is important for people to know, every major new big beta release we did, had some REALLY SHITTY underhanded operation from these guys, which include:
a. launching one of our currently running games in a 'shadow version' that people could log into and see intel from the main game, to ruin it
b. major new launch releases loaded with fake alt people from their Op42 camp to attempt to ruin game integrity
c. complicity in hacking campaigns to ruin and cheat in our games: e.g., hacking the map and giving vision of the whole world to people
d. intel about vulnerabilities in our beta code for testing upcoming releases
e. the last major request for source code from these people happened only minutes after I patched an exploit they were using to ILLEGALLY HACK INTO OTHER USERS ACCOUNTS!

So people. I'm talking to you the reader. What do you think would happen if I told you we are doing some private beta tests on major new features we know could have some vulnerabilities and issues. What do you think is the chance that this cadre of people who should be minding their business on their own site, would make issues for FCW? What do you think was the chance they'd get really excited about it? What was the chance that they'd use a non-AGPL compliant site like TnT as a little pawn to make a big political hoopla on us? As you see now, the chance was 100% What was the chance they'd make any complaint about the TnT noncompliance? As you can see now, the chance was 0%

It has to be infuriating that code they publicly said they'd never want or use, is temporarily in private beta test. Absolutely infuriating! How can we hack it, how can we do another shit campaign to try to tarnish and ruin freeciv-web in our nativist jihadi wars? "Hey I got an idea, let's get those two web servers to get in legal fights with each other!" -- "LOL, yeah that'll be great. I'll convince the one site to deliberately hide stuff from its repo WHILE at the same time supporting them with campaign against the other's private beta testing" -- "Yeah that's great, we'll claim they're no longer open source and try to make this into a huge scandal." -- "Sure, but what about the hypocrisy of it, that we're supporting one non-compliant server hiding its code, against another server that is actually compliant because it's a private beta test?" -- "Don't worry, we'll do what we always did before, we'll tell the Big Lie. We'll name this Operation Hypocrisis, because we're hypocrites encouraging one site to be non-compliant while supporting it in a war against the other site for a phony non-compliance claim!!" -- "LOL, great let's do it. Get everyone together, you, me, wieder, Louis Moureaux, Canik..."

Dear Freeciv community, we had intel of plans for trying to piss on our upcoming glorious release. Did you hear any excitement from these people for the glorious advancements? No. How weird.

Now then, why would someone whose site is violating AGPL and not exposing source code, be surrounded in support by people who claim to be so concerned over open source compliance? SO WEIRD! Why would people who claim to dislike web-clients and being so anti-web, take such a large interest in all this? I invite the readers to submit their hypotheses, because it sure isn't about 'open source' since they are all raising the flag around a flagrantly closed-source site.

Why would such people suddenly take an interest in the complaint of someone's non-AGPL compliant site making complaints about some little beta test we're conducting on FCW? And even make legal threats against us FOR THE EXACT SAME THING the other site has done? And wait on the timing of it for when I'm on vacation?

Answer: Same old Op42 "Cobra" campaign which is a stain and a drain to the entire Freeciv community and project.
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

"What was the chance they'd make any complaint about the TnT noncompliance? As you can see now, the chance was 0%"

The chance was zero because when asked for TnT's source code we comply and provide it.

I posted source code at the start of this thread and here's another link for October: https://www.udrop.com/5Zfv/tnt.com-docked-10-21.zip

No one has it out for FCW. People are simply upset that you ignore, delete and refuse requests for your source code.

As TnT provides it's source-code we are AGPL compliant please stop claiming otherwise. Please join us in being open-source and working together towards a better Freeciv.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I would like to draw everybody’s attention to a fact that I’m certain all of you missed because it was slipped expertly below the radar.

Lexxie and Fuzzy are on vacation at the same time.

Coincidence? Hardly. Wake up, sheeple!

(No, I didn’t read Lexxie’s post, I will leave it for later tonight. This requires a special mood and some spiked popcorn. Wait, did I say spiked? I meant spiced. Honestly! Silly forinir, engrish second languige! Pleaze sorry!)
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

Corbeau, stay the out of it, it doesn't concern you unless you want to prove me right that this is really motivated by a factionalist divisive anti-communal political campaign. Otherwise it concerns two sites you claim to have no interest in. Indeed, you're banned on BOTH sites for being such a paragon of communal disharmony.
Canik wrote:"What was the chance they'd make any complaint about the TnT noncompliance? As you can see now, the chance was 0%"

The chance was zero because when asked for TnT's source code we comply and provide it.
After three months of violating AGPL with NO such link to code, and creating this mess by hypocritically choosing when I go on vacation to secretly release a ZIP file you know is a bullshit snapshot in finite time rather than a workflow repository showing the current state always, and deliberately not letting any user on the site know that the repository link on the site is bogus, and indeed not providing the link to users of the site or letting them know, and indeed doing all this in flagrant violation of AGPL, you are knowingly a deceptive political bad actor. What more proof do we need of it? Turns out there's plenty. Right when I go on vacation, and two seconds after you metamorphosize from THREE MONTHS of closed source non-compliance into someone LYING he is compliant because he has a secret zip file somewhere, you go on attack on us for our private beta stuff which is not yet RELEASED or tested and cleaned up. Like some supervillain who magically pretends to now be compliant to your licensor (you're not), you then have the nerve to attack your licensor falsely for the things you're actually guilty of doing, which is running our released AGPL content which you modified with no prominent visibility or access to users of the site. And indeed, prominent access to a FAKE repo claiming to be your content but it is not.
Then, in full awareness and knowledge of all this continued noncompliance, you wait for the vacation and sneak this magic card about a zip file out of your sleeve and mount LEGAL THREATS AND LEGAL ATTACKS on your licensors to whom you should be grateful for 99.999% of your content.
This, sir, is what in the vernacular is called a slimy shitbird. Sorry to have to say it but it has to be out in the open. YOU ARE THE MANIPULATOR, SCHEMER, DESIGNER, AND CREATOR, OF THIS ENTIRE SCANDAL, ACCORDING TO MACHINATIONS AND SCHEMES KNOWINGLY ORCHESTRATED ENTIRELY BY YOU.

As your licensor we have repeatedly asked you to become strictly AGPL compliant before we will even consider any other issue on this topic in any kind of good faith at all. You are aware of this and hide this information from others, repeatedly mentioning some non-compliant bogus zip file.

~*~

Readers, in spite of all this dark blackheart behaviour, FCW did NOT make legal threats to this site operator, did NOT go on the 'shitehole' server in Discord to propagandize against them, and did NOT come to the forum to start any of this mess. We're here, once again, and this is important for everyone to know, we're here AFTER he starts this campaign only to defend ourselves against the black-hearted deceitful liars who always start all these messes. This kind of thing would never happen if we had reasonable rules and moderators that stick a boot in the ass of narcissistic anarchic unethical poop-throwing monkey morality. This forum needs the same rules of every other open source community and someone to enforce them.
Canik wrote: As TnT provides it's source-code we are AGPL compliant please stop claiming otherwise. Please join us in being open-source and working together towards a better Freeciv.
I have repeatedly told you this is non-compliant and why it's non-compliant. It has also been explained elsewhere why we ARE compliant.
FCW: compliant. You: non-compliant. Get your act together and also, any more public deceit or factional divisive community politics from you and your new Op42 fanbois, and it will make an unhappier outcome for you as a licensee. Bottom line, don't F with your licensor.
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Lexxie wrote:Corbeau, stay the out of it, it doesn't concern you unless you want to prove me right that this is really motivated by a factionalist divisive anti-communal political campaign. Otherwise it concerns two sites you claim to have no interest in. Indeed, you're banned on BOTH sites for being such a paragon of communal disharmony.
Canik wrote:"What was the chance they'd make any complaint about the TnT noncompliance? As you can see now, the chance was 0%"

After three months of violating AGPL with NO such link to code, and creating this mess by hypocritically choosing when I go on vacation to secretly release a ZIP file you know is a bullshit snapshot in finite time rather than a workflow repository showing the current state always, and deliberately not letting any user on the site know that the repository link on the site is bogus, and indeed not providing the link to users of the site or letting them know, and indeed doing all this in flagrant violation of AGPL, you are knowingly a deceptive political bad actor. What more proof do we need of it? Turns out there's plenty. Right when I go on vacation, and two seconds after you metamorphosize from THREE MONTHS of closed source non-compliance into someone LYING he is compliant because he has a secret zip file somewhere, you go on attack on us for our private beta stuff which is not yet RELEASED or tested and cleaned up. Like some supervillain who magically pretends to now be compliant to your licensor (you're not), you then have the nerve to attack your licensor falsely for the things you're actually guilty of doing, which is running our released AGPL content which you modified with no prominent visibility or access to users of the site. And indeed, prominent access to a FAKE repo claiming to be your content but it is not.
Then, in full awareness and knowledge of all this continued noncompliance, you wait for the vacation and sneak this magic card about a zip file out of your sleeve and mount LEGAL THREATS AND LEGAL ATTACKS on your licensors to whom you should be grateful for 99.999% of your content.
This, sir, is what in the vernacular is called a slimy shitbird. Sorry to have to say it but it has to be out in the open. YOU ARE THE MANIPULATOR, SCHEMER, DESIGNER, AND CREATOR, OF THIS ENTIRE SCANDAL, ACCORDING TO MACHINATIONS AND SCHEMES KNOWINGLY ORCHESTRATED ENTIRELY BY YOU.

As your licensor we have repeatedly asked you to become strictly AGPL compliant before we will even consider any other issue on this topic in any kind of good faith at all. You are aware of this and hide this information from others, repeatedly mentioning some non-compliant bogus zip file.

~*~

Readers, in spite of all this dark blackheart behaviour, FCW did NOT make legal threats to this site operator, did NOT go on the 'shitehole' server in Discord to propagandize against them, and did NOT come to the forum to start any of this mess. We're here, once again, and this is important for everyone to know, we're here AFTER he starts this campaign only to defend ourselves against the black-hearted deceitful liars who always start all these messes. This kind of thing would never happen if we had reasonable rules and moderators that stick a boot in the ass of narcissistic anarchic unethical poop-throwing monkey morality. This forum needs the same rules of every other open source community and someone to enforce them.
Canik wrote: As TnT provides it's source-code we are AGPL compliant please stop claiming otherwise. Please join us in being open-source and working together towards a better Freeciv.
I have repeatedly told you this is non-compliant and why it's non-compliant. It has also been explained elsewhere why we ARE compliant.
FCW: compliant. You: non-compliant. Get your act together and also, any more public deceit or factional divisive community politics from you and your new Op42 fanbois, and it will make an unhappier outcome for you as a licensee. Bottom line, don't F with your licensor.
Corbeau is only banned at FCW.

TnT has been and continues to be compliant. Nor has it even attempted to take legal action against FCW.
We've only requested source and after being denied without explanation questioned FCW's keeping with the open-source spirit and AGPL compliance.

I am NOT Louis Moureaux. Louis is not a TnT operator. Louis' cease and desist sent to FCW is a separate issue not associated with TnT.
I wouldn't mind being Louis. He is a intelligent, capable and nice person in my experience with him but alas, I am not. Stop conflating our actions.

I did NOT orchestrate anything. All these people complaining about Lexxie/FCW are doing so organically of their own accord.

I am NOT the one going around bugging everyone trying to make them choose sides in an effort to destroy other communities. That is YOU, Lexxie.

Please stop attacking, insulting and nagging everyone. You are only harming yourself and the community. Be true to your call for community peace and be peaceful. Make peace. Try to de-escalate, find common-ground, be nice and work with the rest of us.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Freeciv-web is open source, and released with the AGPL license.

https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web/ ... ICENSE.txt
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Wait, how did this become "Lexxie vs. Canik"? The topic is about FCW not publishing source code. How did this end up with Lexxie nagging to Canik about him not publishing it (which isn't true)? So, can we have the information when and how the FCW source is going to be opened, like all opensource should be?
--