access freecivweb games on freeciv

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
visionm

access freecivweb games on freeciv

Post by visionm »

As I have gotten further into my freecivweb games I have noticed more and more that things start bogging down to the point where I can hardly do anything.

So I am just wondering if it would be possible to make my PBE moves on freeciv client instead of booting up freecivweb everytime.

If not maybe there is a way to improve performance.

any help would be appreciated my game has almost become unplayable.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: access freecivweb games on freeciv

Post by AndreasR »

What kind of computer do you have? cpu and memory. Which browser?

You can make the game run faster, by choosing a smaller map, or playing against fewer AI players.
What is the map size you are playing? How many AI players do you have?

You can also run your own FCW server easily by following the instructions found here:
https://github.com/Lexxie9952/fcw.org-server/
visionm

Post by visionm »

i am using brave browser on a macbook air 2019 with 8gb memory and 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 2 core. The deal is that I am playing PlayByEmail Games so I don't exactly have control over all of those things and honestly I don't know the answer to all of those questions but I do think it probably is a larger map and I do have a good bit of it explored.

So just as a test I set it to use web gl and things ran much smoother. The only problem with that is that I can't figure out what is what coming from the classic isometric tileset. it seems that it is just trying to use too much cpu. It will even spin up the fans just while i'm taking my turn.
visionm

Post by visionm »

well idk i guess it's okay. At least I can make my moves. it just bogs down a lot when it when there is a lot going on. would be ideal to be able to access the freecivweb games on a desktop client but it appears that is not possible.