Delete my saves

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Benlieb

Delete my saves

Post by Benlieb »

How can I clear all my save points in my previous games. All my saves pile up in the Load Game screen and I would like to clear it.
Arbogast
Elite

Re: Delete my saves

Post by Arbogast »

I don't quite understand your question. What ya mean "Saves Points"?
But if you want to delete all/some saved games, do this: go to
c:\Users\**\AppData\Roaming\.freeciv\saves
and clean that folder. I do that when I want to start a new game because the old one was a loser.
Then, if I was in a bad situation and played the turn and things didn't improve, then I just go to the \saves folder, and choose an earlier turn.

Hope I'm clear about your post.

-a
madmax
Veteran

Re: Delete my saves

Post by madmax »

Freeciv-web subforum, so I guess this is not about local games.

That's probably my fault. Some time ago I removed a few superuser execution points and I may have gone too far. Or maybe it didn't work before, I don't know.

The problem is the user directory in which the savegames are created is made writable only for the user running the freeciv server (which is usually freeciv or whatever the admin has used to install the server), but the user trying to delete the savegame is the one for the webapp server (usually tomcat8).

You can't do anything as a player. The easiest workaround is for the site admin to add permissions for tomcat:

Code: Select all

setfacl -R -m d:u:tomcat8:rwX,u:tomcat8:rwX /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/data/
and run a daily job adding group write permission to the savegames directories:

Code: Select all

chmod g+w /var/lib/tomcat8/webapps/data/savegames/*
Where are you playing? I thought that freecivweb.org only hosted one-turn-per-day games.