Hall of Fame

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Hall of Fame

Post by AndreasR »

Freeciv-web now has a Hall of Fame:
https://play.freeciv.org/hall_of_fame

Anyone got any ideas for improvements to the Hall of Fame in Freeciv-web?
wieder
Elite

Re: Hall of Fame

Post by wieder »

I guess you are combining sores or stuff from multiple games there? In that case it might make sense to show something else than just absolute scores. Maybe the % the player has compared to the average score? Some games may be short ones, some may have less/more players than others and some may have more wars.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

>I guess you are combining sores or stuff from multiple games there?

It now shows both the score of the current game and the total score of all games for each player.

In related news, Freeciv-web now shows an animated .gif of the current gaming session at end-of-game:
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

AndreasR wrote: Freeciv-web now shows an animated .gif of the current gaming session at end-of-game
So far for my theory that Freeciv should only support PNG and PNM, and get rid of the libmagick stuff. But maybe the animated GIF creation could be done outside of Freeciv based on per turn PNGs with ffmpeg or avconv.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

dunnoob wrote:
AndreasR wrote: Freeciv-web now shows an animated .gif of the current gaming session at end-of-game
So far for my theory that Freeciv should only support PNG and PNM, and get rid of the libmagick stuff. But maybe the animated GIF creation could be done outside of Freeciv based on per turn PNGs with ffmpeg or avconv.
See scripts/mapimg2anim