Two players blocking each other

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Rhue

Two players blocking each other

Post by Rhue »

Hi,
I've been playing freeciv web for some time now, and today for the second time I witnessed a bug that prevented two players from playing in the same game with me. That is, one of the players reported not being able to join the game and getting a blank screen, we rehosted the game for him, after which he joined first and the other player who had been playing with us wasn't able to join. It is some kind of conflict between those players... Any idea why this would be happening and how it could be prevented? I told them to restart their routers but they couldn't be bothered and went to play somewhere else which was a shame... It's an annoying bug because it's hard to get people to join multi games as it is.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Two players blocking each other

Post by AndreasR »

Please submit a bugreport here: https://github.com/freeciv/freeciv-web/issues/
In particular, these things would be useful:
-Screenshot of the game when the problem occurs.
-Screenshot of the JavaScript console window when the error occurs.
-Which web-browser and operating system are they using?
-A list of steps to reproduce the proplem.
Rhue

Post by Rhue »

Well, I don't have any screenshots and I don't know what systems and browsers they were using. This time the conflict was between DarkDusk and Blue (they both are on discord I believe), previously GusKurtis and somebody else I don't remember. Next time it happens I'll be sure to take screenshots and submit a report. I've simply no idea how to reproduce it though, I've just seen it happen twice, but we didn't really try to figure out the cause.
Rhue

Post by Rhue »