WebCiv browser extension

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Iza

WebCiv browser extension

Post by Iza »

WebCiv extension for Firefox users is experimental extension intended for easy access to freeciv-web details.

Features:
- in the first version just shows the larger overview map so you can see it in better quality

Installation
- go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... extension/
- click "Add to Firefox"
- approve

Using:
- go to Freeciv-web game and log in
- click extension's icon in the upper right corner
- right click over image if you want copy it

P.S. Chrome users will have to wait a bit. Chrome and FF extensions are similar and share some features but their API's are not fully compatible.
dunnoob
Elite

Re: WebCiv browser extension

Post by dunnoob »

Interesting, added to active projects. Not planning to test it anytime soon, personally, mobile broadband tends to be an euphemism for modem speed after I spent the 5 GB per month at a tolerable speed elsewhere.
Chrome users will have to wait a bit. Chrome and FF extensions are similar and share some features but their API's are not fully compatible.
Very politely put, bluntly Chrome tries everything to suck more than FF, but doesn't quite manage even this moderate ambition. :(
dunnoob
Elite

Post by dunnoob »

Iza wrote:Chrome users will have to wait a bit.
At the moment FF users might want to know if it works with Quantum or ESR or both, forget the Chrome detail, Chrome users (like me) are hopeless. The addon page is also hopeless, it figures out that I need FF for this experimental addon, but doesn't tell me which version it expects.

Trying harder... with FF10.0.12esr (for W2K, but tested on Windows 7) I get "at least 48", so you have FF52.3.0esr covered, but maybe not (yet) 56 (Quantum). Could somebody with review rights please remove experimental if this extension passes muster :?:
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

It is now possible to maximize and minimize the overview map in Freeciv-web. It is also possible to right-click on the overview map and save it as an image. Therefore all the functionality in this browser extension is now already provided in the game, and this extension should now be redundant.