save glitch

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
mooreinstore

save glitch

Post by mooreinstore »

At some point two days ago it stopped letting me save the current turn and just kept saving turn 143 over and over again under the new name of the current turn year and turn number.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: save glitch

Post by AndreasR »

mooreinstore wrote:At some point two days ago it stopped letting me save the current turn and just kept saving turn 143 over and over again under the new name of the current turn year and turn number.
Hi mooreinstore,

Can you please post a screenshot of your JavaScript console window (Ctrl-Shift-I on Chrome) while saving and loading this savegame? Can you perhaps also attach the savegame?
How much of your browser's local storage capacity have you used? (you can see this in the load savegame dialog).

Andreas
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

Right now I'm at 4320 of 5200kb. It did it again. It saves for a while and then stops saving the current turn. It repeats. This time it kept saving turn 153. I was at 182.
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

freecivmooreinstore1.jpg
I tried to load the game files of turn 153 and 182, but it said it didn't like the js file.
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

I'll just leave both games on for awhile.
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

let me try again
freecivmooreinstore2.jpg
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

It seems to happen when the savegame usage maxes out. I delete old games to make room, but then it just saves the last game before the usage maxed out.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks for the detailed bugreport. I will try to make a fix.
Unfortunately I think that the HTML5 localstorage has way too little capacity of only 5MB.

Can you please try this:
1. to load the samegame
2. then click options, and save game.
3. click the "Manage savegames" button
4. then the "Delete all" button in the load savegame dialog.
5. finally save your game.

You should then be able to save this game, but you will loose the other savegames.
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

freecivaliens.jpg
I tried that. I am at T195. I deleted every save and started over saving again. This time it just saves the deleted T176. There are alien heads over the larger cities. I took it for granted as another change in the game but now I'm wondering if this is a hack or something. It seems strange to get 3 or 4 good saves and then have it repeat itself while I keep playing 20 turns before noticing. Of course I just use this stuff. I'm no programmer.
XYZ
Elite

Post by XYZ »

There are alien heads over the larger cities
;) that head is a symbol for a granary you built.