Lots of crashing

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Loukaschar

Lots of crashing

Post by Loukaschar »

Hello guys

I haven't been playing for a week but now I can see some new fixes. It's great that we can buy the buildings and we can navigate from city to city. BUT: There are a lot of crashes and I am losing games played for a few hours. Today only I lost a game of 5 hours and another one of 1 hour playing(this crashed when a diplomat entered a foreign city). Is it grom the new updates maybe???
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Lots of crashing

Post by AndreasR »

Loukaschar wrote:Hello guys

I haven't been playing for a week but now I can see some new fixes. It's great that we can buy the buildings and we can navigate from city to city. BUT: There are a lot of crashes and I am losing games played for a few hours. Today only I lost a game of 5 hours and another one of 1 hour playing(this crashed when a diplomat entered a foreign city). Is it grom the new updates maybe???
Thanks for the bugreport. Making the game more stable is of course important. Remember to save your game often. I have been monitoring the stability of the Freeciv server, and the crash rate at the moment is 0,3%. It used to be about 0,1%, so it has increased recently. I will try to improve this.

Andreas
Loukaschar

Post by Loukaschar »

Thank you Andreas

I think I might be saving the game every since in a while cause it's crashing all the time for me. I lost yet another game right now.... :oops:
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Loukaschar wrote:Thank you Andreas

I think I might be saving the game every since in a while cause it's crashing all the time for me. I lost yet another game right now.... :oops:
Sorry about that. Your game crashed when I restarted the server today. It's the price of progress...