Logging in from a different device

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Logging in from a different device

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Is there a way to log into an ongoing game from a different device? On the PC I usually use, it works immediately by putting in my user name and clicking "Join Game", but on my laptop, where I haven't logged on before, it prompts me to type in a password. Is there a way to get this to work?
This is sort of an urgent issue for me, as I'll be leaving for the airport in about 25 hours and I'd really rather not leave my civilizations unattended in four longturn games for multiple days.

– Caedo
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Logging in from a different device

Post by Corbeau »

What do you mean? I think there is o problem with logging in from a different device. What I'd like to see is the option to log off so that you don't get logged in automatically from the same device every time.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Alright, the more direct problem seems to be that on cause of there being no kind of UCP from the main play.freeciv.org index page and the fact that the account registration form doesn't seem to make it clear to the browser that this is login information, I wasn't even consciously aware that I even had a password, much less remember what I typed in three months ago. Is there a way to reset it?
~ AVL
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I have sent you an e-mail with instructions about how to reset your password.

You can also find you existing password, if it has already been saved in the browser localstorage, by logging in to any game on play.freeciv.org using the username, and entering the following command in the JavaScript console: simpleStorage.get("password", "")
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Thank you, I have now been able to recover my password. I strongly suggest adding something to the header bar outside of the web client to let a player know they're logged in, along with the option to log out, change passwords etc. I'd also suggest seperating the whole login thing from the webclient itself and adding seperate registration and login pages, so that web browsers might recognize the login information as such and allow users to store it. Let's remember that there are people less proficient with computers than ourselves.
~ AVL