Can't assemble spaceship on my own

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Civothy

Can't assemble spaceship on my own

Post by Civothy »

Hi,

I've seen elsewhere (on this forum, I think) that you can actually build the spaceship, visually. When I click on the "Spaceship" tab of the Government page all I see are the ship vitals. I don't see any visual representation of the spaceship and I don't have any way of assigning the ship parts I build to any given area. Is this the way it's supposed to be? I've been relying on the computer to do this for me ("Automatically placed spaceship parts that were still not placed"), but now I'm in a space race with a computer opponent and I don't want to get beat by them because I can't assemble my ship faster than he can.
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
sveinung
Elite

Re: Can't assemble spaceship on my own

Post by sveinung »

Freeciv-web currently doesn't implement manual space ship building. How important is this feature to you?
Civothy

Post by Civothy »

Since I only play computer opponents at the moment this isn't too vital. To be honest, I don't know how often a space race happens or how vital assembling the ship really is, so to me, this feature isn't all that important.

I might sing a different tune if I end up losing space races to humans, though. Although, since we'd all be playing under the same rule, I guess it wouldn't matter all that much. :D
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

In regular (non-web) Freeciv, you can't decide where the spaceship parts are put either. They are always auto-assigned. The only thing you can do is build all components, three modules and then structurals until it gives you a success rating. That's the fastest spaceship you can get either way.
~ AVL