Double digit Shield production not displayed

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Civothy

Double digit Shield production not displayed

Post by Civothy »

Greetings,

One of my cities has a Shield production in the double digits. The issue is, the display only shows one digit. I can't tell if it's the last digit of the double digit (showing the "3" in "13", for example), or the last single digit production the city had before getting to double digits.

Adding a second digit will slightly throw the F/S/T text off a bit, but I think it's more important to have an accurate city display than a pretty one. At least, that's my impression.
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
madmax
Veteran

Re: Double digit Shield production not displayed

Post by madmax »

Where does that happen? I see no problem in the city dialog or the cities list. I also see fields with three digits (in luxury/science, I don't get that much in production).

Screenshot is from Windows + Chrome 58.0.3029. I also see them at home with Fedora + Firefox. Both from a desktop.
Attachments
2digitprod.PNG
Civothy

Post by Civothy »

I think I may have misunderstood how things work...

I was under the impression that the little F/S/T tag under the cities and on the land tiles told you how much of each resource the tile was producing. However, am I correct in thinking this is "raw" value only -- not including any bonuses? Looking at your screenshot I can't account for 14 points of Shield production -- I assume the difference is coming from city improvements?

I thought you could determine your city's total resource production by adding up all the numbers you see on the screen, but that's wrong, yes? You only get the "base" value by doing that, and then have to trust that the computer is applying the bonuses correctly.
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Yes, that's it. In the city drawing you see what the tiles give. You can see bonuses that affect tiles: specials, mines, irrigation, etc. That city has prod 14 from tiles. The city has factory + manufacturing plant + solar plant, that gives (to the city, not to each tile) a bonus of 150% in production. The city thus outputs 14 * (1 +1,5) = 35 prod.