Can't start a FreeCiv by email game

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
arran4

Can't start a FreeCiv by email game

Post by arran4 »

I sent out an invite and the other user accepted. Then in the email when I click the link and login I get this:

Code: Select all

Welcome to the Freeciv version 3.0.90-dev Server running at play port 6114.
You are logged in as 'arranubels' connected to Arranubels
/take: arranubels already controls Arranubels.
/start: Not enough human players ('minplayers' server setting has value 2); game will not start.
The email I use reads:
To Arranubels

It is now your turn to play Freeciv-web. You are receiving this e-mail because you are participating in a Play-By-Email game of Freeciv-web.

Please click here to play your turn!

Players in game: Mox, Arranubels,
Turn: 1

Please complete your turn within 7 days, the other player will be waiting for you. A friendly reminder will be sent when there is 1 day until the game expires. You can always check the game status on the metaserver.

Freeciv-web is a free and open source empire-building strategy game inspired by the history of human civilization. Please report feedback on the forum.

The Freeciv-web project - play.freeciv.org
I've tried clearing everything, changing browser, incognito.. It doesn't seem to let me continue. When I try start a new game it also seems to error out.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Can't start a FreeCiv by email game

Post by sveinung »

Strange. Did you or the other player change the minplayers setting? (Happens automatically if you use the multiplayer ruleset)
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Can't start a FreeCiv by email game

Post by AndreasR »

Can you please try again now?

I have released a fix for this problem. The relevant commit is here. I think it was a timing-related bug, hopefully the code is more reliable now.