Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by AndreasR »

Can someone help out by updating the document with the list of prioritized bugs?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

If you mean the Google spreadsheet, I'm updating it right now.

I added "embassy gives full tech info" because right now it doesn't.

Anything else I should do?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:I added "embassy gives full tech info" because right now it doesn't.
Right now it gives (or should) the current research and the technologies the other player has and you don't. Do you mean the full list should be shown, whether you also have it or not? Or that it doesn't work at all?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

madmax wrote:Right now it gives (or should) the current research and the technologies the other player has and you don't. Do you mean the full list should be shown, whether you also have it or not? Or that it doesn't work at all?
Oh, it shows techs that they have and I don't? Didn't notice that, probably I have everything they have.

But can I see what techs I have and they don't?
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:probably I have everything they have.
Then instead of the list of techs you should get a sentence saying so: "No technology we don't have".
Corbeau wrote:But can I see what techs I have and they don't?
That's not shown right now, but it's doable.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

When you have Gunpowder and consider going to war against someone, it makes quite a difference if they too have Gunpowder (Musketeers) or not, though in neither case it's something they have and you don't.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

The highest priority thing to fix now is: "chat to allies".
Can I please have some more details? How should this work? Where should the button be?

Andreas
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I think that Freeciv client sends chat to allies if you put a dot as the first character in the chat line.

There is also a button placed next to the chat input frame (in freeciv client). No clue where would it be best to put. Maybe create another option in the Nations window, just like "send message", not sure.
--
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

cazfi wrote:When you have Gunpowder and consider going to war against someone, it makes quite a difference if they too have Gunpowder (Musketeers) or not, though in neither case it's something they have and you don't.
OK. So a table with the union set of your advances and their advances, and an indication of whether it's you, them or both who have it? Or would separate lists (like the ones in diplomacy tab for the different states) for yours/theirs/both be better?
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:I think that Freeciv client sends chat to allies if you put a dot as the first character in the chat line.
AFAICS, that (and ':' to direct the message to a player) is in the server, not the client. So it should work in all clients. I can't test it now in freeciv-web, though.