Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
pungtryne
Veteran

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by pungtryne »

I think I might got it now. The map grid is kind of off, compared to fog of war, so that some units almost gets invisible. Am I right?
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I corrected an error, someone had put a minus-sign in front of the rating (scale goes from 1-10).
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

It wasn't an error, I put a -5 because I'm opposed to that particular idea. Also, I was absolutely certain that I edited the explanation to contain negatives (the scale should be from -10 to +10 so that you can be *against* someone's idea, but now I realised it's not there. That is an error and now I'm fixing it.)
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

And maybe I should explain why I'm in favour of the city auto-assigning workers when it grows.

because when it does that, it makes an optimum for all values. Sometimes I may force a city to do on-optimal values because I want to rush something: production or growth. But rushing usually doesn't last forever and this prevents me from keeping this arrangement forever in case I forget it's there.

While someone who wants to keep a non-optimum distribution of workers may keep in mind the reasons for this and reshuffle them once the city grows.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I can see arguments against. I think that the optimal would be a checkbox in each city that lets you decide if workers get auto-assigned on city growth or not. There sure are situations where both would be usefull. Adding this suggestion.

Note: I understand of course that this can be time consuming and/or hard to implement so from a cost/gain benefit the quicker things should have highest priority.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually, I'd put a priority to creating the same options/features/interface/possibilities that the Civ Client has before implementing anything new. The client is almost perfect ( can think of a detail or two that it's missing, but nothing serious), and Web is seriously behind. So, smooth out the rough edges first, create new content later.
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I have marked the items in the document which have been altered by the update of Freeciv-web today. Some of the items are fixed fully, others are fixed partially. Please help me update the document.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Thank you for the updates!

What kind of help do you need?
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Thank you for the updates!

What kind of help do you need?
Just test and verify that I actually fixed the issues, then remove them from the document.
accomplishednoob

Small Wonders

Post by accomplishednoob »

I don't know if this is actually a bug or it's part of the ruleset. All wonders are small wonders under the ruleset and they don't show in the list of "Top 5 Cities".