Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by Corbeau »

It's a part of the ruleset. Wonders were originally designed for a single-player game, but in a multiplayer game some of them have too much power.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Corbeau wrote:Actually, I'd put a priority to creating the same options/features/interface/possibilities that the Civ Client has before implementing anything new. The client is almost perfect ( can think of a detail or two that it's missing, but nothing serious), and Web is seriously behind. So, smooth out the rough edges first, create new content later.
I agree on this so i give a 10-vote to implement the city-governor. It let's you optimize for food, production, trade, science and gold with just one click. I hope more than just me sees the value in this.
accomplishednoob

Post by accomplishednoob »

Does anyone know how to withdraw shared vision from a former peaceful nation?
drdogbot7

Post by drdogbot7 »

Dealing with Idle players in Longturn games:
One of the biggest issues is that a lot of players go idle and don't return. I like that new players can join and take over for a long idle player, but that doesn't completely solve the problem since there are still so many idle slots. Cities that have been ignored for such a long time tend to just keep producing warriors. That makes them impossible to capture without destroying the cities. It also isn't ideal if you're taking over for an idle player mid-game that has been mismanaged for 30 turns.

I'm not sure what the ideal solution is, but perhaps if it could automatically enable Away Mode once a player was idle for X turns? Even if it just set all the workers/settlers to auto and had the cities produce reasonable improvements or even just manufacture coinage… I think that would be a big improvement.

As is, there are so many long-neglected zombie civilizations that it definitely impacts the game…
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I have a wish. It's not really a high priority, but I'm guessing it would be fairly easy to fix, tell me if you want it at the Wish Priority Spreadsheet.

List bulbs needed for each tech in the Manual/Help, both for discovered and undiscovered techs.

I need this for some testing purposes, but it would also make a detour around the refresh problem which is probably more difficult to solve - when you change your research, the amount of bulbs needed doesn't change according to new target unless you reload the whole game.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

I don't think freeciv-web client currently has capabilities to calculate the amounts of bulbs needed for techs, but it can show only what server tells about the current research. Anyway, displaying bulbs count for already discovered technologies is not feasible, as the number of bulbs needed is not necessarily constant for a technology. We could keep in memory the final cost that tech had before it was researched, but even then the technologies got by some other means than research would be problematic.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Does this mean that the tech cost is calculated according to the number of techs already discovered? What is the base cost, then?
--
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Added that Crusaders doesn't show veteran status if they have become veteran, and that oilwell doesn't show right.

Edit: Added confirmation dialogue for upgrading units with upgrade cost.

Edit2: Added important shortcuts for unit seleciton. Shift-V to select all units of same type on same tile (V for all on tile, shift-X for all of same type)
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Whoever added "worker is not automatically added when a settler adds to city", can we get an explanation?

Also "Upgrade dialogue for units, showing costs". You mean when upgrading? If yes, then not clear.
--
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Corbeau wrote: Also "Upgrade dialogue for units, showing costs". You mean when upgrading? If yes, then not clear.
A confirmation dialogue showing costs when doing the upgrade-command. That is, before upgrading. Fixed now.

Edit: Added units-tab and economy tab. A tab for showing overview with numbers for all units and one tab for showing economic info.