Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by Corbeau »

madmax wrote:
cazfi wrote:When you have Gunpowder and consider going to war against someone, it makes quite a difference if they too have Gunpowder (Musketeers) or not, though in neither case it's something they have and you don't.
OK. So a table with the union set of your advances and their advances, and an indication of whether it's you, them or both who have it? Or would separate lists (like the ones in diplomacy tab for the different states) for yours/theirs/both be better?
Wouldn't it be easier to just list all advances they have, and bold the ones you yourself don't have, if any?

As for personal preferences, I'm fine with absolutely anything that gives me full information.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Civothy have all good suggestions that should be added, but especially this one although not specific to freeciv web:
Civothy wrote:
5)
If it's possible, it'd be nice to activate and deal with all the units in a given location before moving on to the next location. For example, I might have two or more Engineers working on something in a location. The first Engineer might activate, take his order, then I'm sent clear across the board to deal with other units before coming back to the second Engineer. I'd like to deal with both Engineers first before moving on.

Thanks!

Madmax' should also be added.
madmax wrote:For OCD, micromanagement types (which may be just me):
- Ability to add/remove columns in the cities table, including data not currently shown there, like pollution or corruption.
- Keeping the order in the cities table. When you sort it, do some stuff and come back it's again sorted by city age.
- When opening the city info window from the cities table, make next and previous buttons work in the order the table is.
Especially this about keeping the order in city tables. Make it possible to open and close cities while in the city-tab without closing the city-tab when you closing the city pop up.

As for how to show info through embassy, I agree with Corbeau. The most important thing is that all info is shown.

Other things I'd like is detailed happiness report for cities and the city governor.
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:
madmax wrote:
cazfi wrote:When you have Gunpowder and consider going to war against someone, it makes quite a difference if they too have Gunpowder (Musketeers) or not, though in neither case it's something they have and you don't.
OK. So a table with the union set of your advances and their advances, and an indication of whether it's you, them or both who have it? Or would separate lists (like the ones in diplomacy tab for the different states) for yours/theirs/both be better?
Wouldn't it be easier to just list all advances they have, and bold the ones you yourself don't have, if any?
Certainly. I read cazfi's message backwards. Or something. I don't know what I was thinking.
Attachments
New techs tab
New techs tab
Old techs tab
Old techs tab
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Hmmm... Is *any* text from Freeciv Web copy/pasteable? I just tried top c/p my research data so that I can send it to someone and can't even do that.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Please add issues to the prioritized list in the document. I will start with the highest priority issues.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, I got a bit lost with all those wishes. I allowed full editing for the spreadsheet, can people add their own stuff, please keep it short and clear.
--
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I went quickly through the suggestions and added things. Maybe I've missed something. For Civothy's suggestion about rezisable and easier unit boxes I just added "unit" to "option to minimize chat/map/diplomacy/unit ... window".
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Thank you. Boys'n'gals, please drop by and leave your digits.
--
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I added message system. This might be the most important to work on right now. It seems many players don't know how to do private messages, or miss messages. As communication and diplomacy is so important in this game, I think this should be given high priority. Many I talk to feel the same way. I also added accomplishednoobs suggestion about hitpoint info on stacked units.

Also I would like that people that add to the list gives explication if it can be unclear. For example, what does "map grid" mean? And what does ""remember special tiles after saving"? The problem/bug isnt clear. I would guess it means if a freeciv game is saved, you don't see the special tiles in explored but fogged territory. But this seems to also be a problem in longturn game. As for now it gets 0 from me, as will others that aren't clear to me.

Lastly, I accidentaly messed with neighbouring ratings, but I was able to revert it back without problem.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually, if the request isn't clear, it's the requester's problem.

And I'm not sure what is unclear with "map grid".
--