Wish/priority/fix list

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: Wish/priority/fix list

Post by Corbeau »

Forgot to reply to this:
pungtryne wrote:What is meant by "give tile info automatically with active unit"?
When an active unit is sitting on a tile, I want to see what is also on that tile. Forest, river, specials... written somewhere, without having to middle-click.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Corbeau wrote:Just realised I made a non-neglectible typo about WebGL. This should be what I meant:
(And no, you can't calculate production manually, you'd have to keep track of it for several days and then you'd also have leftovers from previous production, which you don't know what they are; if someone wants to micromanage his production, it is absolutely impossible without full info.)
This is how I calculate production. I will use an example.

London is producing settlers with 3 shield pr. turn. Settlers cost 40 production. It says 5 turns left. What's left to proudce will be minimum 5 turns x 3 shields pr turn = 15 shield. This means that London has produced minimum 40 shield - the 15 remaining shields, that is 25/40. The error margin is upwards is shield proudction pr turn - 1. So in this example, London are proudcing Settlers (25-27 / 40).

I agree this isn't optimal for micromanagement though and I'm glad Andreas says that he is implementing it in next version.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

pungtryne wrote:London is producing settlers with 3 shield pr. turn. Settlers cost 40 production. It says 5 turns left. What's left to proudce will be minimum 5 turns x 3 shields pr turn = 15 shield. This means that London has produced minimum 40 shield - the 15 remaining shields, that is 25/40. The error margin is upwards is shield proudction pr turn - 1. So in this example, London are proudcing Settlers (25-27 / 40).
The thing is, if I am switching production, I can't trust even the data that is written because it doesn't update immediately, maybe even not until the next turn.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Civothy

Post by Civothy »

Some things I would like to see:

1)
When I save a game it doesn't matter what text I enter for the game name -- it never takes. All my games are saved as a string of text using the turn number, my account name, and the date. I'd like to actually be able to use meaningful file names.

2)
The "unit inspector" (the small box in the lower right of the screen that tells you the unit's statistics) should be expandable. Right now I can move the box around, but if there's only one unit in the location the inspector window is often so small that I can't see all the relevant details (especially veteran status).

3)
Related to the unit inspector window, when you have multiple units of the same kind in a location and it comes time to activate them, it can be very confusing (especially for new players such as myself). If I have three Musketeers in a location and it comes time to activate one, there is no visual indication that my order actually worked.

For example, telling the first Musketeer to "Wait" may cycle the next unit in the location, but there's no indication that the next unit has come up -- it appears that nothing happened. If the three units happen to be from different locations or have different veteran status then an observant player can tell the difference, but other than that it is very difficult.

4)
It would be great if I could see what special bonuses a city gets for Wonders built, perhaps placed in the Improvements area. For example, if I build Pyramids then all my other cities area affected by the Pyramid bonus -- I'd like to see that somehow. Building the Great Wall is also supposed to affect all my other cities, and being able to see that reflected somehow would be great.

5)
If it's possible, it'd be nice to activate and deal with all the units in a given location before moving on to the next location. For example, I might have two or more Engineers working on something in a location. The first Engineer might activate, take his order, then I'm sent clear across the board to deal with other units before coming back to the second Engineer. I'd like to deal with both Engineers first before moving on.

6)
If you could re- order items in a city's build queue that would be outstanding. Being able to move items up or down in the list, and also be able to insert new items would be a huge help. Currently if I want to make changes I need to delete the entire queue and add new thing(s) to the list that I should have first memorized.

Thanks!
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

For OCD, micromanagement types (which may be just me):
- Ability to add/remove columns in the cities table, including data not currently shown there, like pollution or corruption.
- Keeping the order in the cities table. When you sort it, do some stuff and come back it's again sorted by city age.
- When opening the city info window from the cities table, make next and previous buttons work in the order the table is.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

These bugs have now been fixed.

-Show production information in city dialog.
-View stacks of enemy units by clicking on them.
-Show some info about other players from embassy.
-Keyboard input bugfix.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

AndreasR wrote:These bugs have now been fixed.

-Show production information in city dialog.
-View stacks of enemy units by clicking on them.
-Show some info about other players from embassy.
-Keyboard input bugfix.
--
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

How did you fix the keyboard thing? Some internal tech-code bug or...?
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:How did you fix the keyboard thing? Some internal tech-code bug or...?
I think I have fixed it. I was never able to reproduce the problem, so therefore I can't be sure if it really has been fixed. There is now a confirmation dialog before disbanding, so that should help anyway.
accomplishednoob

Post by accomplishednoob »

* Information about remaining hitpoints are missing when units are stacked. "Wish" I knew the hitpoints left to my catapult, stacked over a phalanx, but it's only the graphical bar, not the exact numbers. The same is true when damaged unit is on a city tile.

* The chat area is quite noisy, full of rubbish I don't want to read and I have to look for important system messages everytime I log in. "Wish" system messages, private messages and public rubbish were in different windows.