LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Re: LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Post by Corbeau »

And seriously, the chat is borderline dysfunctional. It already happened several times that I'm typing a message and the pointer just decides that it is going to leave the window and start giving commands to my units. Fortunately nothing serious happened YET, at least not that I know, except one settler coming almost to the end of irrigation and then having to start all over again.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Corbeau wrote:Can someone explain to me how come that the Archers vs. veteran Warriors on a forest have 41% chance of winning?
Is there a river on the tile, or are they fortified? Because that would boost their defense up to 3.375 (which is treated as 3.4 ingame IIRC).
Corbeau wrote:And seriously, the chat is borderline dysfunctional. It already happened several times that I'm typing a message and the pointer just decides that it is going to leave the window and start giving commands to my units. Fortunately nothing serious happened YET, at least not that I know, except one settler coming almost to the end of irrigation and then having to start all over again.
On a related note, I just accidentally disbanded a unit because the chat couldn't keep focus. This is severely impacting the game.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Caedo wrote:
Corbeau wrote:Can someone explain to me how come that the Archers vs. veteran Warriors on a forest have 41% chance of winning?
Is there a river on the tile, or are they fortified? Because that would boost their defense up to 3.375 (which is treated as 3.4 ingame IIRC).
No river and I don't see a fortification symbol.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Corbeau wrote:
Caedo wrote:
Does your archer have less than a whole movement point? I'm pretty sure tired attacks are enabled, i.e. when attacking with less than one movement point, the attack power is scaled down proportionally.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

No tired attack, no prior damage, no conceivable reason for this.

In other news, I was just writing a number to give an amount of gold into the diplomacy window and at the same time my active unit moved. I see this as a bug. When you are writing stuff into a diplomatic screen, keystrokes shouldn't be registered in the big map, or anywhere else for that matter.
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Were the Warriors Fortified? Fortified Veteran Warrior on Forest Defense value: 1.5 x 1.5 x 1 x 1.5 = 3.375, Archer Attack value: 3.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Corbeau wrote:
Caedo wrote:
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Do we have savegame to investigate this from?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

The situation is current. Any way to save it and send it somehow?

Update: I withdrew the Archer and now, when it's active with 0 moves left, middle-clicking on the Warrior says Attack: 0%.
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:The situation is current. Any way to save it and send it somehow?
Hopefully it's reproducible from the last autosave. Andreas?