LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:
Corbeau wrote:The situation is current. Any way to save it and send it somehow?
Hopefully it's reproducible from the last autosave. Andreas?
I have attached the latest savegames from the two LongTurn games here.
Hopefully this will help you debug the issue, and I hope perhaps we can use them to test and import LongTurn support and games with many players in Freeciv generally. I also hope to involve you and the other Freeciv developers in improving the LongTurn support in Freeciv generally. There are some "rough edges" and things which needs fixing, and I'm not able to fix them all myself. For example, cleaning up the current
longturn.patch, doing some things better, and including the patch in a "proper way" into Freeciv would be nice.

Also, autosaving is currently not enabled on the LongTurn games, so I save them manually at the moment.
I would really like some help to enable autosaving. The two games were started with the default value for the config setting autosaves.
When I try to change the autosaves setting to "set autosaves=TURN", I get an error message that I am not allowed to change the autosaves setting.
This is the current script: pubscript_longturn_6004.serv, however, the LongTurn games were started with the default value for autosaves. It is probably related to the cmdlevel setting, which I don't fully understand. Any help with this will be great! In the beginning, the two LongTurn games were plagued with random players changing too various settings, which was very bad. Then I set "cmdlevel basic", and I think it helped with random players messing up settings. However, now I'm not allowed to change settings, and therefore not allowed to enable autosaves.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Corbeau wrote:Any way to save it and send it somehow?
I had a look at the savegame. There is a fortified veteran Warrior in your terrain. Looks like Freeciv-web won't show that a foreign unit is fortified. Reported.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Thanks. I assumed it would be something like that.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:Also, autosaving is currently not enabled on the LongTurn games, so I save them manually at the moment.
I would really like some help to enable autosaving. The two games were started with the default value for the config setting autosaves.
I think the autosaves setting is replaced when loading the savegame. When I hand edited the settings section of one of the savegames you uploaded (added "autosaves","TURN","TURN" to [settings] and increased set_count) autosaves started to appear. The good news is that the next game probably will get the setting values from its start up script. The bad news is that saving, taking the game offline, hand editing the savegame and then loading again is ugly and risky.

Maybe you could give your self server command line access from the parts of Freeciv-web that starts the Freeciv servers (or have it issue the commands to change the settings of autosave games)? Or maybe just increase the cmdlevel of Andreas? (cmdlevel hack Andreas after you have connected)
AlexusBlack

Post by AlexusBlack »

Some UI improvements can be nice. Mostly for diplomatic needs:

Chat UI:
- ability to open bigger chat window for long messages
- chat filters, like by player (now it is bit messy)
- may be as alternative have separate IRC\Web chat with ready to use functionality?

Map UI:
- turn on\off coordinate grid, so directions and locations can be more accurate that 3 to west, 5 to south
- mini-map zoom, or bigger window with zoom. With current size of map our states are so small that minimap nearly useless and does not contribute to strategic thinking, as result I'm using displays with high resolution to fit all map scouted into one screen. Constant scrolling doesn't give right perspective.

Nations screen UI:
- there are too many nations, can we filter or make tab where only civilizations you met shown?
- tag\comment civilization, while there are official diplomacy available, with current game speed non-formal diplomacy happen and being able to tag some players as friend, ally, threat, weirdo can be useful =).
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

AlexusBlack wrote:Nations screen UI:
- there are too many nations, can we filter or make tab where only civilizations you met shown?
You can sort the nations in the nations screen alphabetically, by any column, if you click on the column title. This is how you can sort out the one you have peace with.

About UI functionality, it would be nice if city names wouldn't almost completely cover the two neighbouring tiles.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

When you have embassy with someone, how do you check what techs he has, government, current research etc.?

Also, I noticed that updating production ETA when you change production has been fixed. Thank you :) (Still, would be nice to have a full shield count)
--
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Moving thread to freeciv-web variant forum as this runs on same freeciv-web codebase as other freeciv-web games.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Actually, LongTurn Web has some specific issues, different from regular Freeciv-web.
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Actually, LongTurn Web has some specific issues, different from regular Freeciv-web.
It's the same few people trying to fix the issues also. 8-)