LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
cazfi
Elite

Re: LongTurn support in Freeciv-web

Post by cazfi »

Corbeau wrote:Actually, LongTurn Web has some specific issues, different from regular Freeciv-web.
It's still the same program (and also site play.freeciv.org), and the idea of the "Variants" is that each (popular) program variant has its own forum. We have to make the cut somehow (all the variants provide multiplayer, but multiplayer forum is about multiplayer games with regular freeciv, and freeciv-web multiplayer is here under freeciv-web).
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Needed: Option to minimise Diplomacy window. Also, option to have more diplomacy windows open at the same time.

Actually, option to minimise ANY window (especially chat) would be most handy.

Also, did anyone mention it would be nice to have the properties of the active tile visible without having to click on it?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
madmax
Veteran

Post by madmax »

Corbeau wrote:Actually, option to minimise ANY window (especially chat) would be most handy.
Not exactly what you are asking for, but the chat window can be moved and resized.
Also, as a possibly unintended side effect, you can get rid of chat, map and units windows making the viewport smaller. But probably you want to be able to get them back, so don't do it in that case.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Minimizing? When you click on it corner and it disappears from view, but there is a marker on the screen that, when you click, the window returns to its previous size.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau, if you could request one improvment to Freeciv-web, what would it be? A single improvement, bugfix or feature. If it is realistic, then it will be implemented.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Well, if I had to ask for one, then That One Fix would be: give me full data on current production in the form "Archers (19/30)".

Would it help if I made a list and prioritized it and let other people give their priorities?
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:Well, if I had to ask for one, then That One Fix would be: give me full data on current production in the form "Archers (19/30)".
Ok, I will fix this in the next version.
Corbeau wrote: Would it help if I made a list and prioritized it and let other people give their priorities?
Yes, please.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Ok, everybody, go here for a brief explanation, or directly here for the job.
--
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

This is annoying, but it doesn't influence the game in any way and i'm not even sure if anybody else is experiencing this. More than half the time when I middle-click on the map to inspect a tile, the game asks me do I want to leave the page as if I was trying to go to another page or wanted to close the window. One or two times I accidentally said "leave" and was thrown out. No damage, I logged back in, but it is annoying.

The funny thing is, I can't see the pattern, when does the game interpret this as me wanting to leave the game and when it doesn't.
--
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

I'm experiencing same problem as you Corbeau.