Assistance please

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
MadThink3r

Assistance please

Post by MadThink3r »

Hello,

I would like to first thank all of the developers, testers, and contributors to a game that I absolutely enjoy. Without your dedication and effort, I would still only be fondly remembering the days i spent playing games like Warcraft II, Starcraft, Civ, Zeus and Poseidon, Pharroh, even Simcity....(still def play simcity, but not the others as even some emulators ive found just dont seem to play like i remembered. But then i found freeciv (idek how i came across, soo glad i did), and i cannot state enough how thankful I am to finally have something else to devote my time to other than Madden lol.

But, my post is not solely to brown nose the creative team lol. I have encountered an issue in game play that I am not sure if it is from my own ignorance, or perhaps a legit bug:

I do play freeciv on 2 different platforms (I play the mobile app version as well as the browser version at play.freeciv.org) and the issue i am experiencing I am encountering on the browser version at play.freeciv.org. I play the browser version on my Digiland (Android: Lollipop (5.1 i think?)) Tablet. Everything seems to be up to par with many of the things ive seen discussed and revised through the pages of this forum, aside from 1 thing i have not found a resolution for:

When I am in the city dialog window, reviewing production, early in the game (when not many techs are researched and the available items i can produce are a small list) i can see all of the available products I can produce. However, as the game progresses and my products available to produce list grows, i can NOT find a way to scroll down in that window to see all available products for productions.

To give an example without pictures: In the most recent game where I encountered this-
My tech research path went: pottery-alphabet-code of law- ceremonial bury
At the time that hanging gardens and workers were added to the list of available items to produce i noticed that the product "coinage" was half viewed and half hidden. As half was still in view i could still select that product. Then with in a few turns, and after adding the products that come from researching Masonry, i could no longer see coinage (or items near bottom of production list).

I attempted to scroll with the touch screen (no go), i attempted to scroll with a keyboard (no go). I by far prefer to play this version opposed to the more basic version on the mobile platform, but with an inability to produce products the later in the game i get, Its not at all advantageous of me to continue to play the same game.

Has this been identified prior, or is there just something im not seeing?

If youve read to here, I thank you for your time, and I thank for any assistance I can get. Thank you
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Assistance please

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks for the bugreport. I will try to fix this in the next version.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

This has now been fixed. Can you please test and verify? Thanks!
lowerslower

Post by lowerslower »

Hello.

https://play.freeciv.org/
I have played freeciv-web, but one problem happened. Now I find this topic at here.

Could MadThink3r solve this problem? I can not yet. I cannot scroll down at "Source Tasks" on window of city's production.
Please help me, anybody.

My environment:
Mac OS X 10.11.5
GoogleChrome version 51.0.2704.103 (64-bit)
Safari version 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)

This problem happens in both browser.
I only want to product any building.