Join the Freeciv-web LongTurn game!

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Join the Freeciv-web LongTurn game!

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:But I'm definitely for continuing this one as it is. See how it goes. Testing etc. ;)
That's the spirit! I am quite optimistic that this will be a very nice LongTurn game with lots of players. Please continue reporting the feedback.

Andreas
accomplishednoob

Post by accomplishednoob »

The game starts immediately with 150 nations. When new human players join the game, they will replace the existing (idle) AI players.
Apparently the AI close to my border (Mutara III, Rwandans) has started to play. I don't know what's the reason, just guessing: encounter with my explorer has switched it's status into active mode.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

The Freeciv-web LongTurn game now has 56 human players, and we are at turn 2. This is looking good! In related news, the next Freeciv-web LongTurn game will be able to have a maximum of 240 human players.
accomplishednoob wrote: Apparently the AI close to my border (Mutara III, Rwandans) has started to play. I don't know what's the reason, just guessing: encounter with my explorer has switched it's status into active mode.
I have fixed this now, and it will be available in the next LongTurn game. The code change is here.
I will try to focus on fixing the most important bugs, so that the next LongTurn game will be even better!
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Should we allow observers in the next LongTurn game?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

What exactly can they do/see?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:What exactly can they do/see?
Observers can see the whole map and chat. It is currently disabled in the "old" Longturn.org server.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Well, technically, I can log off, log in as an observer, see the whole map and then log back in as a player and (ab)use the information I've seen as observer. It is much less possible in fast Freeciv games, but in LongTurn it's almost trivial. So I'd say "no".

No problem with chat, of course.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

'tis a somewhat smallish map, methinks...
--
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Corbeau wrote:'tis a somewhat smallish map, methinks...
I agree. In the next LongTurn game, I'm planning for a larger map with 20000 tiles. So map size is 20, landmass 85 with 250 players.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

So, where is the information about the map size anyway? I've been going through the options, but didn't find it.
--