Connecting to FreeCiv Web via FreeCiv client? :)

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Corbeau
Elite

Connecting to FreeCiv Web via FreeCiv client? :)

Post by Corbeau »

Just had this thought... I assume the answer is 'no', but just to make sure... Is it possible to connect to FreeCiv Web using the standard FreeCiv client?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Connecting to FreeCiv Web via FreeCiv client? :)

Post by AndreasR »

Sorry, not possible. What specifically in the Freeciv desktop clients do you miss in Freeciv-web?
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I like simple graphics (whenever I play I use non-iso trident) because I have a bigger field of vision, more technical and less graphic chat (more letters on the screen) and i have a feeling that the interface is quicker.

But I''m not complaining :) Was just asking :) And I have a feeling that more people prefer this kind of graphics and, to be honest, FC Web looks really nice :) As for me, hell, if I could have the look of Civ 1, I'd go for it :P
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

We are slowly working to make it possible. You can already compile freeciv (including client part) to use json network protocol instead of the protocol regular server/client use.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:We are slowly working to make it possible. You can already compile freeciv (including client part) to use json network protocol instead of the protocol regular server/client use.
Yes, this would be great. Then people using desktop clients could also participate in PBEM and LongTurn games on play.freeciv.org.

3D support in the desktop versions could also be of interest for some players.