Accidentally set timeout

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
drdogbot7

Accidentally set timeout

Post by drdogbot7 »

I was fiddling around with the options and accidentally set a timeout value in a PBEM game.

Is there any way to remove this once it's been set?
edd

Re: Accidentally set timeout

Post by edd »

/set timeout 0 is the usual way. Does it work for you?
drdogbot7

Post by drdogbot7 »

Using the UI on the options page, I can enter the "0" as the value but it doesn't take. It just retains the previously input timeout value.

Using the console and entering:

Code: Select all

/set timeout 0
I get the message "You are not allowed to set timeout values less than 30 seconds".

The best solution I've come up with is to set the timeout value to 3600 (1 hour), which is more than enough time.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks for reporting this problem. Using /set timeout 3600 should solve the problem for now.
I have made a change so that the timeout value can not be changed by accident in the UI in the options panel in PBEM games from now on.

The reason that you are not allowed to set the timeout to less than 30 seconds in Freeciv, is to prevent someone from setting the timeout to -1 (autogame) or a very low value (eg 2 seconds) to "attack" the public server by making the server run lots of turns very fast. Unfortunately, this also prevents setting the timeout value to 0. The source is here. (I consider this a bug in the Freeciv server..)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:(I consider this a bug in the Freeciv server..)
I agree.