Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Nook

Re: Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Post by Nook »

There's only the 2 ways of winning, domination and science right? I've poked around the wiki a bit and didn't see anything about diplomatic, so I'm assuming that's not in the game.
Also, is there a certain way to build the spaceship? I know in Civ2 there wasn't any one correct way, as long as you had all the parts. Of course you could decrease the time it took to get to Alpha Centauri based on how you put it together.

Anyways, I really appreciate all the help Sveinung, I think you may have saved my Inca nation early on ;)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:There's only the 2 ways of winning, domination and science right?
I think your options are to build a space ship or to conquer the world. Victory conditions are ruleset dependent. The fcweb ruleset is supposed to be as close to Freeciv's classic ruleset as Freeciv-web can handle. I can't recall any new victory conditions being added to classic.
Nook wrote:I've poked around the wiki a bit and didn't see anything about diplomatic, so I'm assuming that's not in the game.
I'm sure it's not there. I don't think it would be possible to implement diplomatic victory in a Freeciv ruleset.
Nook wrote:Also, is there a certain way to build the spaceship? I know in Civ2 there wasn't any one correct way, as long as you had all the parts. Of course you could decrease the time it took to get to Alpha Centauri based on how you put it together.
Build a fast space ship (more propulsion, just enough to launch of everything else) if someone else launches a space ship before you do. If no one else has a chance max everything out. Prepare to defend before you launch. Everyone will declare war on you after you launch the space ship. If your capital is taken the space ship is gone.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: Think of trade routes as basic buildings. Add the Caravan / Freight unit to your "first buildings" global work lists ("build the usual stuff button") in regular Freeciv. I don't think Freeciv-web has a global work lists yet. If you use a bit of the gold from the trade routes on luxuries your happiness problem will be solved.
Last edited by sveinung on Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: The unit that blocked the movement of your transport probably moved out of your sight before you looked. (It's a bit early for sub marines)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: Make your cities happy enough to celebrate. You are a democracy. Democracy + city size 3 or above + celebration = population growth.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: A description of the Zone of control (ZoC) rules you encountered can be found here.

PS! Zone of Control rules have been disabled in the webperimental ruleset of the development version. This change isn't on play.freeciv.org yet.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: A capital can't be incited to change side. The closer a city is to its capital the more money the traitors will demand to change sides.
Nook

Post by Nook »

sveinung wrote:Hint: A capital can't be incited to change side. The closer a city is to its capital the more money the traitors will demand to change sides.
Is there any way to tell which cities are the capital?
sveinung wrote:Hint: Make your cities happy enough to celebrate. You are a democracy. Democracy + city size 3 or above + celebration = population growth.
Good idea, since I have democracy I should be putting it to good use
sveinung wrote:Hint: Think of trade routes as basic buildings. Add the Caravan / Freight unit to your "first buildings" global work lists ("build the usual stuff button") in regular Freeciv.
Yeah, I need to get more caravans out there. I should add them to my starting "list", good idea again ;)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:
sveinung wrote:Hint: A capital can't be incited to change side. The closer a city is to its capital the more money the traitors will demand to change sides.
Is there any way to tell which cities are the capital?
Center click at the city. If it has a Palace it is the capital.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: A player that lose his capital risks civil war (given that certain conditions are true).