Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:Having an easier way to get into a city would be really helpful, right-clicking and selecting the option to "view city" doesn't seem to bad, but when I'm trying to run through multiple cities it can get tedious.
AndreasR: Would it make sense to use left click for this (like in the regular Freeciv clients) for people with enough mouse buttons? Would it make sense for the keyboard less goto to be disabled for people with a full keyboard? Can Freeciv-web store client settings? Is it possible to detect if the player has a keyboard? Is it possible to detect the number of mouse buttons the player has?
Nook

Post by Nook »

sveinung wrote: Did you understand that you can get rid of the unwanted goto line by pressing escape? I realized that "Press escape to cancel a goto" is a bit unclear.

Update: I just tested. It no longer works for me. Not sure if this was a feature that got broken or an unintended side effect of something else that disappeared.
I've tried a few times with each new update hoping it gets patched, having that work could really save some headaches. At the moment the only way I can figure to cancel it is to click on the unit again.

GriffonSpade wrote: Isn't this for the sake of tablet users?
Ah, that makes sense. I've never tried the game on a tablet.

Any ideas on how to re-enable spaceships if they do happen to be off?
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Nook wrote:
sveinung wrote: Any ideas on how to re-enable spaceships if they do happen to be off?
This command seems to work:
/set vic SPACERACE

It seems that spacerace victory on the large world scenario is not enabled by default. I think this is a bug.

Andreas
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Warning: This is Freeciv-web, not a regular Freeciv client. Do not press "Explode Nuclear" before your Nuclear is where you want it to explode. Explode Nuclear will detonate it in place.

Update: The development version now works like other Freeciv clients. I don't know when it will be released to play.freeciv.org or if it will be released at all. (Andreas may disagree and change it back)

Update 2: Released to play.freeciv.org. Thanks Andreas!
Last edited by sveinung on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

A nuclear blast kills all units and halves the population of all cities on the tile it occurs and on all neighbor tiles. That is 9 ties with your map.

A nuclear explosion will randomly leave a Fallout on tiles in its blast area. Fallout is like pollution but it causes a nuclear winter rather than global warming. Global warming and nuclear winter won't cancel each other out.

PS! I recently made Freeciv-web able to display Fallout. Could you middle click the tiles surrounding the nuclear blast and make sure that it isn't there unless it is shown?
Nook

Post by Nook »

sveinung wrote: PS! I recently made Freeciv-web able to display Fallout. Could you middle click the tiles surrounding the nuclear blast and make sure that it isn't there unless it is shown?
Ok, I'll check it next time. My recording lagged out a bit during the explosion, so I'll have to drop another one soon ;)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:
sveinung wrote: PS! I recently made Freeciv-web able to display Fallout. Could you middle click the tiles surrounding the nuclear blast and make sure that it isn't there unless it is shown?
Ok, I'll check it next time. My recording lagged out a bit during the explosion, so I'll have to drop another one soon ;)
Great. The support for showing the nuclear explosion is new too. Andreas added it recently.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

sveinung wrote:
Nook wrote:
Great. The support for showing the nuclear explosion is new too. Andreas added it recently.
I think the nuclear explosion worked. However, the explosion got hidden behind a "detonate nuke" dialog when Nook moved the nuke into the enemy city using the arrow-keys. I think Freeciv-web does auto-attacks for all units when in goto.

Andreas
Nook

Post by Nook »

AndreasR wrote: I think the nuclear explosion worked. However, the explosion got hidden behind a "detonate nuke" dialog when Nook moved the nuke into the enemy city using the arrow-keys. I think Freeciv-web does auto-attacks for all units when in goto.
Andreas
I saw the explosion, for some reason my software lagged out for a couple seconds when the mushroom cloud image popped up.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:One other, it's not a big deal when you have a small empire, but when it gets big like this then having a window that shows all of my cities, their production, happiness, growth. Master of Orion 2 has the perfect window for this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... ist400.png
The other Freeciv clients have this in the cities tab. In the video you mentioned the ability to rearrange city worklist items. I added them both to the list of Freeciv client features missing from Freeciv-web.
Nook wrote:Is it possible to change personalities of the civs? something like having certain ones very aggressive but focus less on science, where others are about expansion and city growth. It might add a little flavor to the game and civs rather than just having everyone acting the same way.
The classic AI has trait support. The value of the variables expansionist, trader and aggressive will modify its behavior. The webperimental ruleset gives AI players random trait values.