Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Nook

Re: Let's Play FreeCiv Videos | 32 Nation Large World Map

Post by Nook »

sveinung wrote: The classic AI has trait support. The value of the variables expansionist, trader and aggressive will modify its behavior. The webperimental ruleset gives AI players random trait values.
Is there a list somewhere that shows the differences between the webperimental and freeciv rulesets?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Nook wrote:
sveinung wrote: The classic AI has trait support. The value of the variables expansionist, trader and aggressive will modify its behavior. The webperimental ruleset gives AI players random trait values.
Is there a list somewhere that shows the differences between the webperimental and freeciv rulesets?
I'm not aware of a rule by rule comparison for all rulesets bundled with Freeciv and Freeciv-web.

The difference between webperimental and fcweb is documented in webperimental's ruleset description. If you select the webperimental ruleset inside Freeciv-web it will be printed among the other messages. You can see it for the development version here. (I know that the variance between the Freeciv-web rulesets is microscopic compared to the variance between the Freeciv rulesets. We are slowly making progress on Freeciv-web's ruleset support. It is a start)

Those bundled with Freeciv all have a ruleset description. Some also have a README in the doc folder called README.ruleset_$rulesetname. (So the documentation for experimental is called README.ruleset_experimental)
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Thank you for looking. A nuclear explosion doesn't always cause Fallout. Fallout is random. Your ruleset won't create fallout on ocean. The cities you nuked have much ocean in the blast area.

If middle click had shown Fallout but no graphics had appeared on the map it would have indicated a bug triggered by your set up.
Last edited by sveinung on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: If all you want to transport is a Nuclear you should build a Submarine. If you wish to transport other air units too build a Carrier. A Submarine is cheaper.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

The goto will always start a goto order for an air unit stationed in a city with an order to wait until it has full MP. Doesn't matter that it can reach another city with the moves it has left. (Don't know if this is a bug or a missing feature. Don't know how complex or CPU intensive it would be to change it)

I think the AI sent reinforcements to threatened cities. This is why a city with only one defender that is under attack suddenly has five defenders the next turn. (A river can be used as a road) It is also why you currently are walking into empty cities.

You should see tiles under the fog of war as they were the last time you saw them. You get observations from units passing by. I think the Apollo program may give you a fresh look during each turn change. Having cities appear on save game load is a bug.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Have you forgotten about the caravans in you capital? I think you can use them to end unhappiness in North America.
Nook

Post by Nook »

sveinung wrote:Have you forgotten about the caravans in you capital? I think you can use them to end unhappiness in North America.
:o I did forget about them!
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Watching Nook's nuke in Episode 21 was great! Perhaps we should not change the map position to a different unit immediately after detonating a nuke, so we can watch the nuke immediately?

Nook, do you have more suggestions for Freeciv-web improvements?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: New Zealand has 4 trade routes already. You can only establish a new trade route to it by replacing an old one.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Hint: You are a Democracy. You have a high luxury rate. Sending a Freight to establish a trade route to an unhappy city (or sending a Freight from it to establish a trade route) is much better than putting a military unit in it.

Local money are spent on luxuries for a city. The local money can come from working tiles or from a trade route. Did the fact that you set the luxury rate for your entire nation confuse you?
Last edited by sveinung on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.