How do I get rid of pirates/Barbarians?

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
LtTomMike

How do I get rid of pirates/Barbarians?

Post by LtTomMike »

Im not to sure how to get rid of them other then attacking them but is there a way to officially get rid of them? Like do they have camps,cities, or whatever thats being kept secret because i can't find a city or a camp anywhere also is there a way to get rid of the nations in settings? My cities get smaller and are always under attack by these Entity AI's and i want them gone forever out of my map!
uncivilizedplayer

Re: How do I get rid of pirates/Barbarians?

Post by uncivilizedplayer »

murder their leader perhaps? or take all their towns.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

There's a game/server setting "barbarians" (at least that's what it's called in 2.5). Setting it to "DISABLED" will disable barbarians completely.
~ AVL
LtTomMike

Post by LtTomMike »

uncivilizedplayer wrote:murder their leader perhaps? or take all their towns.
They have no towns that can be located they just pop up wherever, whenever and I've killed they're leader lots of times and no effect
LtTomMike

Post by LtTomMike »

Caedo wrote:There's a game/server setting "barbarians" (at least that's what it's called in 2.5). Setting it to "DISABLED" will disable barbarians completely.
Ive checked that and i haven't found anything for it, did it perhaps get removed?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

LtTomMike wrote:
Caedo wrote:There's a game/server setting "barbarians" (at least that's what it's called in 2.5). Setting it to "DISABLED" will disable barbarians completely.
Ive checked that and i haven't found anything for it, did it perhaps get removed?
It's not in client gui, I think. You need to set it in server console, or via client chatline: "/set barbarians DISABLED"
There's also 'onsetbarbs' setting that controls which turn barbarians appear at the earliest ('/explain onsetbarbs')
LtTomMike

Post by LtTomMike »

cazfi wrote:
LtTomMike wrote:
It's not in client gui, I think. You need to set it in server console, or via client chatline: "/set barbarians DISABLED"
There's also 'onsetbarbs' setting that controls which turn barbarians appear at the earliest ('/explain onsetbarbs')
Do i do the same for pirates?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

LtTomMike wrote:Do i do the same for pirates?
Pirates are a kind of barbarians. They are therefore disabled if you disable barbarians.