Webperimental

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
cazfi
Elite

Webperimental

Post by cazfi »

This thread is about changes to the experimental freeciv-web ruleset, webperimental.

I just pushed a change to repository to make webperimental to have only one barbarian nation, attacking from both land and sea, instead of separate Land Barbarian and Pirate nations.

The change will end to play.freeciv.org when Andreas next time takes a new version to use.
sveinung
Elite

Re: Webperimental

Post by sveinung »

I just enabled map theft in the development version. It isn't on play.freeciv.org yet.

A Spy unit can try to steal about 50% of the victim's world map from any one of his cities. The unit types Diplomat, Spy and Leader can defend against it. Before the theft the odds given by the diplchance setting must be beaten. The victim of a successful map theft gets a reason (that the Senate will approve of) to declare war on the thief.

I'm not sure if the current rules have the proper balance between availability, consequences and power. I considered allowing Diplomat units to steal map data too. I considered limiting the cities that can be stolen from to capitals. I considered making a failed attempt at map theft a reason for war. If you have played some games with the current rules and have feed back let me know.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Your most recent changes to Freeciv-web looks very good. If there is anything we can do to make updating the rulesets easier or more automated, that would be of interest.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

The owner of the Manhattan Project wonder can use a Spy (not Diplomat) to detonate a suitcase nuke inside a city he is at war with.

The unit types Diplomat, Spy and Leader can defend a city against nuke planting. After all defending diplomats are defeated the diplchance setting must be beaten.

The odds of success may be high enough to make the Manhattan Project over powered. If you have played some games with the current rules and have feed back let me know.

Done in the development version. Not on play.freeciv.org yet.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

The new version of Freeciv-web on play.freeciv.org includes all previous mentioned changes to webperimental.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Zone of Control rules have been turned off.

Done in the development version.

Update: Now in the new version on play.freeciv.org
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Electricity gives border vision.

sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Cities can be founded inside the borders of another player if you are at war with him or if you never have met him.

sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Foot solders can now peacefully expel foreign civilian units that are next to or inside your borders.

Done in the development version. Will appear in the list of webperimental features printed after webperimental is loaded when deployed to play.freeciv.org
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Diplomat, Spy and Explorer units can now establish an embassy while being transported on a ship.

Done in the development version. Will appear in the list of webperimental features printed after webperimental is loaded when deployed to play.freeciv.org