The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Post by AndreasR »

IZY5O wrote:
AndreasR wrote:A new version of Freeciv-web has been pushed to the production server today. Some new bugs are to be expected, please report anything unusual you might find.
Hi Andreas,

Uh... It looks like the Goto command is having issues now. I can't send a second worker to a tile where the first worker is already working. It seems to think it's an "invalid location".

Thanks for all you do!

-IZY.
Can you please give some more details about how to reproduce this? I'm not able to reproduce the problem easily.
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

AndreasR wrote:
IZY5O wrote:
AndreasR wrote:A new version of Freeciv-web has been pushed to the production server today. Some new bugs are to be expected, please report anything unusual you might find.
Hi Andreas,

Uh... It looks like the Goto command is having issues now. I can't send a second worker to a tile where the first worker is already working. It seems to think it's an "invalid location".

Thanks for all you do!

-IZY.
Can you please give some more details about how to reproduce this? I'm not able to reproduce the problem easily.
I am using Safari on an iPad, iOS 8.4.

As I'm going through my turn, moving my units, I want to stack my workers on one tile to finish the project faster. I am able to select and send the first worker to the destination tile by dragging across the screen, with the red path line following, to the destination tile and, when I stop dragging, the selected unit moves there. Fine.

Now I go to the second unit, but I cannot drag that one because, if the destination tile already has a unit, as soon as I drag to that tile I lose the red path line and the unit at the destination tile becomes the currently selected unit. But that's okay because I can use the Unit Goto command, or so I used to be able to do. Not anymore! Now, when I select my unit and choose the Unit Goto command and select the destination tile, which already has a unit working there, nothing happens (the Unit Goto command finishes but the unit does not move and does not get the "G" next to it). OMG, now what!?

Well, I try a different approach... I use the Unit Goto command to send the workers to a destination tile that is more than one turn away. This let's the Unit Goto command schedule the arrival of several units to the same tile. Okay, extra moves but I can accept that. But nope, it doesn't work. On the next turn, the first unit to arrive is okay, but the next unit cancels it's move with the error "invalid location"!

Now what do I do? Is there a new flag/option to set stack size? Has stacking units been switched off? Am I missing something (besides a brain!)?

Thanks for listening. ;-)

-IZY.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks, this is a bug, I'll try to fix it.
Constantine Willing

Post by Constantine Willing »

Hello all,

Pleased to be here.

I have been playing for a few weeks, the browser version that is, and have registered specifically for this reason.

I too have encountered errors with the goto command that only recently appeared.

For me, all airborne units (cruise missles included) are unable to leave their city, and I frequently got 'invalid movement' messages for caravans and occasionally workers when moving onto a square another unit occupied.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Constantine Willing wrote:Hello all,

Pleased to be here.

I have been playing for a few weeks, the browser version that is, and have registered specifically for this reason.

I too have encountered errors with the goto command that only recently appeared.

For me, all airborne units (cruise missles included) are unable to leave their city, and I frequently got 'invalid movement' messages for caravans and occasionally workers when moving onto a square another unit occupied.

Sveinung and Marko, perhaps you can help me understand what has changed in the Freeciv svn version related to the goto handling, and why it is not working correctly in Freeciv-web on the latest github version at the moment?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Question for the people able to reproduce this: Does the problem go away if you wait some seconds between pressing "g" and clicking at the tile you wish to move your unit to?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:Sveinung and Marko, perhaps you can help me understand what has changed in the Freeciv svn version related to the goto handling, and why it is not working correctly in Freeciv-web on the latest github version at the moment?
The relevant functions are execute_orders() in unittools.c and handle_unit_orders() in unithand.c.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:Sveinung and Marko, perhaps you can help me understand what has changed in the Freeciv svn version related to the goto handling, and why it is not working correctly in Freeciv-web on the latest github version at the moment?
I just found one problem. The Freeciv-web specific function handle_goto_path_req() (added by fcnet_packets.patch) doesn't produce a path. This issue is located in the Freeciv path finding code that handle_goto_path_req() uses. This may (or may not) explain some of the goto bugs.

Update: Probably not related to the issues reported in this thread. Freeciv-web's goto works just fine when a refuel point is added near the nuclear missiles in my test save.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I have pushed a new version of Freeciv-web to the production server, which includes the bugfixes to goto from Sveinung, as well as some fixes to unit controls from me. Can you please test the new version, and report if you still have any problems or find any new bugs?
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

AndreasR wrote:I have pushed a new version of Freeciv-web to the production server, which includes the bugfixes to goto from Sveinung, as well as some fixes to unit controls from me. Can you please test the new version, and report if you still have any problems or find any new bugs?
Hi Andreas,

AWESOME! :D

Now it works even better than before! I can drag my units onto other units directly!

Thank you! :)

-IZY.