The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
Constantine Willing

Re: The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Post by Constantine Willing »

No luck for me I'm afraid, my aerial units still wont leave the city they were produced in.

Can I ask will the fix apply to saved games? Or will saved games inherit this and new games moving forward will be OK?
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

Constantine Willing wrote:No luck for me I'm afraid, my aerial units still wont leave the city they were produced in.
Let us find out it your save game case anyone else the same problems it causes you. Please upload a copy of your save game (Manage save games -> Download). What unit should be moved? What tile should it be moved to? How should it be moved? Arrow keys? Keypad? Pressing "g" and clicking the target tile? Trying to drag it?
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

sveinung wrote:
Constantine Willing wrote:No luck for me I'm afraid, my aerial units still wont leave the city they were produced in.
Let us find out it your save game case anyone else the same problems it causes you. Please upload a copy of your save game (Manage save games -> Download). What unit should be moved? What tile should it be moved to? How should it be moved? Arrow keys? Keypad? Pressing "g" and clicking the target tile? Trying to drag it?
I think this is a bug in Freeciv-web affecting all air units. For example, start a new game with techlevel 100, and build a stealth fighter.
You will then be able to reproduce that goto doesn't work for the stealth fighter. Moving the air units using the arrow keys works correctly, but the goto command does not work. This is a bug in Freeciv-web.
sveinung
Elite

Post by sveinung »

AndreasR wrote:
sveinung wrote:
I think this is a bug in Freeciv-web affecting all air units. For example, start a new game with techlevel 100, and build a stealth fighter.
You will then be able to reproduce that goto doesn't work for the stealth fighter. Moving the air units using the arrow keys works correctly, but the goto command does not work. This is a bug in Freeciv-web.
Thank you for the instructions, Andreas. I'm finally able to reproduce the issue. A nuclear missile outside a city didn't trigger it. A Stealth Fighter inside a city did.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

sveinung wrote: Thank you for the instructions, Andreas. I'm finally able to reproduce the issue. A nuclear missile outside a city didn't trigger it. A Stealth Fighter inside a city did.
The fix from Sveinung which fixes goto for air units has been pushed to production. Very clever fix to this from Sveinung, thanks a lot!

Andreas
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A new version of Freeciv-web has been pushed to the production server today. Please report any bugs you might find!

Andreas
Align

Post by Align »

My Engineers seem to forget their terraform orders on loading a savegame.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

A new version of Freeciv-web has been pushed to the production server. For a list of changes, see github.

Align, sorry about that, it was a side-effect of the upgrade.
auth.gabor

Post by auth.gabor »

Hi,

The Freeciv Web (org.freeciv.play) Android application is based on the Freeciv-web source code?

Bye,
Gábor Auth
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

auth.gabor wrote:Hi,

The Freeciv Web (org.freeciv.play) Android application is based on the Freeciv-web source code?

Bye,
Gábor Auth
Hi Gábor,
The Freeciv-web android application is just a simple web wrapper app which brings up a web browser to play.freeciv.org. So it is a separate code base from Freeciv-web. So are you perhaps interested in becoming a contributor to Freeciv-web?

Andreas