The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: The big Freeciv-web feedback and suggestions thread

Post by AndreasR »

mooreinstore wrote:Now that the city dialogue has been changed, how do I buy units and city improvements and wonders?
There is a "Buy" button at the bottom on the city dialog, which buys the current production, see this screenshot:

Update: I have fixed a Javascript bug in the city dialog. Can you please try again now? If you still get the problem, can you please post a screenshot of your Javascript console?

https://i.imgur.com/FZwl4fi.jpg

Does this not work for you?

Andreas
Gastibelza

Post by Gastibelza »

Hello,

The option menu has desappeared. How can we save the game ?

Thanks in advance !
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Gastibelza wrote:Hello,

Thanks in advance !
Can you please post a screenshot? When does this happen? Always?
What device are you using?

Andreas
Gastibelza

Post by Gastibelza »

AndreasR wrote:

Thanks in advance !

Andreas
Thanks for your reply Andreas. It happened only yesterday and now it went back to normal. I have no screenshots but here is what happened. Instead of "Map", "Government", "Research", "Nations", "Options", "Manual" and "Turn Done" above the map, there was only "M", "G", "R" and "Turn Done". Very strange... I don't know if others already experienced this ?
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Gastibelza wrote:
AndreasR wrote:

Thanks in advance !

Andreas
Thanks for your reply Andreas. It happened only yesterday and now it went back to normal. I have no screenshots but here is what happened. Instead of "Map", "Government", "Research", "Nations", "Options", "Manual" and "Turn Done" above the map, there was only "M", "G", "R" and "Turn Done". Very strange... I don't know if others already experienced this ?

I think what happened was that your browser window was resized to a very small size, and then the styles for small screens was activated.
uruiamme

City Dialog issues

Post by uruiamme »

I just got back into playing a tad bit. I noticed this on the City screen:
  1. Every time I click a city square to change its use from production to Entertainer, the screen blinks over briefly to the map and then immediately back to the City screen. It didn't use to do that.
  2. The same thing happens when I click Next City.
  3. If I click a building, it asks "Are you sure you want to sell this building?" but it doesn't say how much it will pay.
  4. It would still be very, very nice to see better details on the FOOD, PRODUCTION section to display the positive or negative (+/-) amounts earned per turn compared to the needs of the city. I liked seeing that in the Android version.
  5. Can you make the fonts smaller for the names of the buildings? Mine always are running over the adjacent one. (Like Marketplace is too wide to not hit the word next to it, like Temple). Also, with scrolling now implemented, there is a possibility I might miss a WONDER if I just keep clicking Next City to find one. Can this box be made smaller, or do the images have to be re-sized?
  6. A big one: Now the Production tab is very, very large. It covers up the City and City Information box. What I used to do is to temporarily move the Production box a little bit so I could see what the city was currently building and already had built. This is not possible now, the production tab is too big to move slightly to see any of this. Aggh!! :cry: Well, this goes back to one of my original ideas, also. It would be great if the production changes could happen on the same screen as the City Information box rather than having a separated tab for this. After all, I spend most of my time deciding what to build, and clicking back and forth from tab to tab to remember which city I am working on is tedious. THANKS!!
  7. An interesting almost good thing: Since you change the Production screen to a "Tab", there is actually a way to click "Next City" while still on the production tab... that would be great.... but unfortunately, clicking Next City goes back to the "Overview" tab. If Overview and Production can be combined, this would be great.
Last edited by uruiamme on Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uruiamme

Post by uruiamme »

Look at the attached file. There is plenty of room in the upper right for something, like the Supported Units list.
Also note the cropped and difficult to read Buildings/Wonders

Not shown is the bottom section, which is free for possibly putting the Change Production menu list.
civ-city.jpg
uruiamme

Savegame moves?

Post by uruiamme »

#31. Savegames. When I save a game and return to it, I have noticed that some things are not saved. I understand that a unit with "No orders" will be given a chance to move. But why do the Engineers not remember that I told them to build a road/railroad? They get activated again.
#32. Treaty Bug I had an AI request that we swap two Technologies, and I was supposed to pay about 1400 in gold. I changed it to 22 gold and clicked accept. (Which should have told me thumbs down, decline.) But I think since I didn't hit the tab key before I clicked accept, the AI accepted it and it took all 1400 in gold. By the way, the exact terms of the "treaty" weren't on the red/black screen, so I couldn't verify how much it cost... but it was obviously for the wrong amount. I guess someday the AI diplomacy will improve, also? To reproduce this, try to change the gold amount and immediately click accept while the cursor is still in the gold field. It ignores the change unless the cursor moves, I think.
Yar Lucebith

Freeciv-web server down?

Post by Yar Lucebith »

Hi all. So, Andreas posted that Freeciv-web has already finished migrating, but as of now, I can only access the main 'play.freeciv.org' page; single player and live games fail to load (my browser tells me the server took too long to respond). Anyone know what's going on?
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Freeciv-web server down?

Post by AndreasR »

Yar Lucebith wrote:Hi all. So, Andreas posted that Freeciv-web has already finished migrating, but as of now, I can only access the main 'play.freeciv.org' page; single player and live games fail to load (my browser tells me the server took too long to respond). Anyone know what's going on?
The server is down at the moment. Hopefully it will come back up again very soon.

[UPDATE:] The server is back online now. Sorry for the trouble!

Andreas