Freeciv Web enhancements

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
ru4it

Freeciv Web enhancements

Post by ru4it »

• The seven icon tabs across the top should have hover tips as to what they are for, map...manual

The information line at the bottom of the map now is very cryptic and I really liked having the turn or date displayed there. Adding a hover tip for this would help the new or returning players decipher this label.

When I first load a previously saved game the map is black and requires that I go select a city or unit from the city tab to get the map filled. It would be nice if the map positioned to my capitol city at load or remembered where it was position when I saved.

I would appreciate some way to toggle the city labels visible/invisible. In my first game I had a pirate ship dock at my city and it went unnoticed because the city label mostly obscured it.

Occasionally I will find I am able to scroll the map in the map tab, but usually I can't. Not sure what I am doing differently when this suddenly becomes possible. It would be nice to have a section in the manual describing each tab and its functionality. When I am getting ready to sent a new settler out it would be nice to be able to scroll the map view to allow a go to further than the region near the settler's home city.