freeciv-web bugs

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
AndreasR
Elite

Re: freeciv-web bugs

Post by AndreasR »

IZY5O wrote:
AndreasR wrote: There is the "Show city" choice on the popup menu which comes when you click on the city/unit. I was planning to put more and more of such choices into the popup menu. Since there is only one type of "click" on the iPad, then the popup menu will help give such choices. Is this okay, or do you have any other suggestions?
Hello Andreas,

That sounds fine except... the popup menu doesn't pop up. :(

Once in a while, like one in fifty times, I've seen this menu pop up, but never on a city, only on a unit outside of a city. Which seems to be another problem... I can't seem to get that menu to pop up when I want it to.

And another problem is that it seems that my clicks/taps don't always register. I sometimes have to click/tap on a command button several times before it registers that I've selected it. Or is there a difference between a quick tap versus a long press?

I get the impression there is something amiss with the input interface on an iPad. By the way, I'm working with iOS 8.0.2.

-IZY.
I have released a new version now, where I think this problem is fixed. It can be quite complex to create control logic which should work on desktop, mobile and tablet with touch and/or mouse controls.
Could you please verify that it is working correctly now?

Andreas
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

Hi Andreas,

It's a little better. Now when I tap on a city with a unit inside, the unit gets the focus and becomes active.

But still no pop up, and I stll can't open the city if it has a unit inside.

-IZY.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

IZY5O wrote:Hi Andreas,

It's a little better. Now when I tap on a city with a unit inside, the unit gets the focus and becomes active.

But still no pop up, and I stll can't open the city if it has a unit inside.

-IZY.
I have released a new version, could you see if this has been fixed now? Do you ever get the popup when clicking on units or cities with units now?

Unfortunately, I don't have an iPad, so I'm not able to test this in the exact same way as you are doing.
I have tested it on an iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1, and on an Android tablet running Chrome.
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

IT WORKS!!! I get the pop-up menu when I tap a city with a unit inside! :D

Thank you!

-IZY.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

IZY5O wrote:IT WORKS!!! I get the pop-up menu when I tap a city with a unit inside! :D

Thank you!

-IZY.
Cool, finally! What's the next thing to fix? :)
IZY5O

Post by IZY5O »

AndreasR wrote: Cool, finally! What's the next thing to fix? :)
Hi Andreas,

How about...

Nameless leader: when the pirates (or new nations from a civil war) first show up, their leader has no name. It simply says "... leader unassigned".

I, for one, would like to know the name of the next leader I'm going to crush! :twisted:

-IZY.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

IZY5O wrote: Nameless leader: when the pirates (or new nations from a civil war) first show up, their leader has no name. It simply says "... leader unassigned"..
I wonder if this is related to freeciv server [http://gna.org/bugs/index.php?22832]bug #22832[/url] fixed in freeciv code last Tuesday, or maybe this is another, but similar bug.
pierrsyp

Post by pierrsyp »

Seems this thread is active so thought id add a few more bugs.

On Saturday was playing freeciv-web on a chrome book mostly working, sometime in the afternoon things changed.

1. The console box lost its title bar and close button, also was unable to properly resize the console box and cannot move it.
2. The unit display box and overlay map do not show up after clicking the boxes in the options
3. The the city info box is lacking any textual information

This happens multiplayer and singleplayer.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:
IZY5O wrote: Nameless leader: when the pirates (or new nations from a civil war) first show up, their leader has no name. It simply says "... leader unassigned"..
I wonder if this is related to freeciv server [http://gna.org/bugs/index.php?22832]bug #22832[/url] fixed in freeciv code last Tuesday, or maybe this is another, but similar bug.
Cazfi: it's great that this has been fixed in Freeciv svn. Could you please help me update Freeciv-web to the latest Freeciv svn revision, I'm stuggling with updating the packet generation code at the moment, since it's quite complex.

Andreas
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

There's several patches ahead in server svn that are not trivial to adjust freeciv-web to. I'm working on it, and already got a bit forward.