freeciv-web bugs

Web version of freeciv. Please mention the site you're using, if speaking things other than general freeciv-web codebase.
CodeMaster

Re: freeciv-web bugs

Post by CodeMaster »

here is video of bug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6C8x3PoEDg
i load save s2333, save as s2334, localstorage size dosent change as console output in video shows, and there is no 2334 save when try to load again
however this dosent happen with all saves
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Thanks for that very useful video. The problem is that you have stored more savegames in the browser localstorage than the maximum storage capacity, which is 5 Megabytes in Chrome.

One problem is that Freeciv-web doesn't give you an error-message when you have stored more than the maximum allowed storage size. I will fix this very soon.
I will also try to compress the savegames further in the next version, which will allow you to save more savegames.

However, for now, you will probably have to either delete some savegames, or use a different browser where the storage limit has not yet been reached.
CodeMaster

Post by CodeMaster »

in load game menu there is a button 'Delete Savegames'. Judging its name i assume it delete all savegames, if that is the case it would be awesome to have button that deletes only selected games
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

CodeMaster wrote:in load game menu there is a button 'Delete Savegames'. Judging its name i assume it delete all savegames, if that is the case it would be awesome to have button that deletes only selected games
I have released a new version which shows you localstorage usage and capacity, as well as better error messages when saving fails.
Adding support for deleting a specific savegame would be very nice, but that will take some more time to implement.
asadotzler

Post by asadotzler »

DOM Fullscreen mode on Firefox (Mac OS X 10.10 on 13" rMBP) no longer works. It worked some recent months ago. No error messages in the Web Console.
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

Note to Andreas: As branching of S2_6 allowed/allows all the risky/unstable patches for 3.0 to go in, I sort of expect TRUNK to be exceptionally unstable at the moment before biggest problems get hammered out. It might be wise not to update freeciv-web past S2_6 branching point in TRUNK for a while (following bugfixes from S2_6 might be an idea, instead)
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:Note to Andreas: As branching of S2_6 allowed/allows all the risky/unstable patches for 3.0 to go in, I sort of expect TRUNK to be exceptionally unstable at the moment before biggest problems get hammered out. It might be wise not to update freeciv-web past S2_6 branching point in TRUNK for a while (following bugfixes from S2_6 might be an idea, instead)
Thanks for the warning of upcoming unstability. I think I will continue to update the code-base on github to the most recent 3.0 revision, but not deploy anything new to the production server for a while.
The current production server is very stable (52 crashes out of 18906 games hosted in the recent time). Maintaining multiple branches for Freeciv-web is too much work, so I'll continue following trunk (3.0) but not push new things from trunk to production.

Feel free to continue helping me keep the Freeciv-web codebase up-to-date with trunk, as you probably know and understand the changes going on there better than me.

When do you think trunk (3.0) will be in a state that we can push a Freeciv-web release based on 3.0 to the production server again?

Andreas
Last edited by AndreasR on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

asadotzler wrote:DOM Fullscreen mode on Firefox (Mac OS X 10.10 on 13" rMBP) no longer works. It worked some recent months ago. No error messages in the Web Console.
Fullscreen in Freeciv-web works correcly on Firefox 34 and Chrome on Windows. Does fullscreen work correctly in Safari on Mac OS X?
cazfi
Elite

Post by cazfi »

When updating the server, please keep also the webperimental ruleset updated to match.

I don't know if we should expose ruleset selection to the freeciv-web UI already? Probably nobody else than we ever use webperimental ruleset, now that one has to switch to it by chatting "/rulesetdir webperimental" in game setup phase.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

cazfi wrote:When updating the server, please keep also the webperimental ruleset updated to match.

I don't know if we should expose ruleset selection to the freeciv-web UI already? Probably nobody else than we ever use webperimental ruleset, now that one has to switch to it by chatting "/rulesetdir webperimental" in game setup phase.
Sure, I will remember to update webperimental also. Adding ruleset selection to the Freeciv-web UI seeems like a good idea.

Andreas