Sent messages folder

All about this Forum
Corbeau
Elite

Sent messages folder

Post by Corbeau »

I just realised I can't find some messages I sent a long time ago. Do they get deleted after there are 50 of them?

Also, since it seems that there is a limited number of messages and folders I can have, is there a way to download that stuff to my computer?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
JTN
Elite

Re: Sent messages folder

Post by JTN »

Rummaging through the admin interface, "for the “Sent messages” folder where [...] default action is always to delete old messages" when the folder is full. (This isn't something we've configured specifically.) The limit was indeed 50 (I've bumped to 100 on general principles, we're not short of space).

I'm not aware of a way to back up private messages, and haven't found one in five minutes' searching.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I did in the meantime. they can be downloaded as CSV, one file per screen (25 messages). It looks a mess, but can be fixed if you open it as .txt and do some find/replacing.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Hello. Can you please set the default to something else from "delete old messages when full" (in case you didn't already)? I'd rather be informed that a folder is full and take whatever action than silently lose messages because I forgot to backup.

Increasing the number of folders to, oh, I don't know, 100, would also be nice, but I won't insist :)
--