I can not start the game in LT41.

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Dim

I can not start the game in LT41.

Post by Dim »

I registered on the site and in game LT41. I connect to the server with the help of the client 2.5.9 But I can not enter the game. Against my login with the 'Team' column is the 'Disconnected'
Corbeau
Elite

Re: I can not start the game in LT41.

Post by Corbeau »

You can play LT games only if you register (and confirm participation) BEFORE the game starts. This is the way to prevent too many idlers and the chaos of people suddenly appearing and disappearing. Also, this makes people have a more equal start, not someone jumping in at turn 20 and being way behind. Right now it isn't technically possible to let people in during the game, although you never know what future brings.

Another LT game was scheduled to start in one month, but with Freeciv Web going down we are considering getting one running much earlier. So stay tuned.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
XYZ
Elite

Re: What is LongTurn - intro

Post by XYZ »

Once the game has started you cant join anymore. You can either wait for another game to start or take an idlers position via forum.
wieder
Elite

Re: I can not start the game in LT41.

Post by wieder »

We will probably start a new game at longturn.org relatively soon. In maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm just not sure what to call it since LT42 was already dedicated to a specific game and it's already in GIT with that number. Then again... The numbering of the games doesn't really need to be that rigid.