New teamless game LT41 starting Feb 7th

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
wieder
Elite

New teamless game LT41 starting Feb 7th

Post by wieder »

The next LT series game will be starting in February 7th 2018. The game is teamless and based on LT39 ruleset making it more traditional one with allied victory. The map will be islands based and one of the few changes to the ruleset includes that only marines can attack from the ships. Not swordsmen, musketeers or riflemen. Confirming participation will open when there is two weeks to the start.

Join here:

http://longturn.org/game/LT41/
meme

Re: New teamless game LT41 starting Feb 7th

Post by meme »

Islands based
is that one island each , or 5 , 6 civ per island ?
I like second option if not decided yet
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

I think "island based" *always* means a nation is alone on its island.

Maybe a bit boring in the begining, but then again... If you see it as a sport, it's more fair.

Also, Wieder, maybe steal an idea. Give everyone a free Trireme at start? And/Or free Map Making? Should make things MUCH more interesting, while still everyone is on equal ground.

If you're lazy about editing the starting setup, easily done through ruleset: make Trireme a no-tech-requirement unit. Maybe an extra cheap Early Trireme, obsoleted by, I don't know, Pottery?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
wieder
Elite

Post by wieder »

One nation / one island.

We could add an early trireme that's unique. Meaning that you only can have one of those at any time. Of course if you lose the only one you can build a new one. Could be relatively cheap and only require one 1st level tech. Maybe alphabet.