Admin(s) behaviour and the Freeciv community in general

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
wieder
Elite

Re: Admin(s) behaviour and the Freeciv community in general

Post by wieder »

Coffee sounds great :)

Yeah, the thing about fresh is not really why the rulesets are changed but a side effect. Then again some scenarios might work better with a different kind of ruleset. On LT39 swordsmen and riflemen can attack from ships but on LT40 only marines can do this.

The main purpose of the changes is of course making the game better, more realistic and even more fun to play. Fresh is indeed a side effect of this even while it's nice that even the veteran players can't be really sure about the winning strategy when there are changes.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Since I'm all for forum hygiene, latest discussion moved to a more appropriate location.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Lexxie
Veteran

Legal method of preventing unethical privacy abuse.

Post by Lexxie »

There is absolutely no question that what Corbeau just did was unethical.

If you do not want a "drama king" cyber-bullying you by dragging your private freeciv experience through the streets with a gleeful trolling vindictiveness, unethically breaching private details of your freeciv experience, you shouldn't have to, and the admins of this forum should take decisive action to prevent it. But it doesn't hurt to make a declaration to resolve legal ambiguity.

Under appropriate legal apparatuses be they local, national, international, and by agreement between respective nations, or any combination of these where applicable, this statement hereby serves as public announcement that my private digital conversations are private property and my utterances therein are performance held and claimed under copyright and may not be used, released, or replicated without my permission.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Answered at the more appropriate location.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Just some more news if anyone is interested. it seems other people are starting to be kicked out from the Freeciv Web Discord channel.

Also, maybe this belongs in the gossip section, but it concerns the official institution such as an admin. Apparently, as some people still playing Web Longturn tell me, there is a hand-coded filter in the in-game chat that blocks any line that contains the word "Corbeau", and it also works on PRIVATE messages. So, messages I sent before being banned, about my cities and everything, have been deleted and also, if someone sends a PRIVATE message asking "Did you get a message from Corbeau?", that message won't go through :D

Probably not too relevant, but I enjoyed this information very much and just wanted to share it :D
--
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Most importantly, I believe this belongs in the Freeciv-web subforum, not the Longturn subforum.

That said, what you're talking about is the Freeciv-web chat filter. This is the same thing we've had previously when Sasake was banned. It works by simply not displaying any message containing a certain substring (in this case the banned user's name). That way, it catches every message sent by the respective person, since their name will be part of it (e.g. "Corbeau: Hi!"), but it also catches every message where they're mentioned. So have fun being declared You-know-who.
~ AVL