Freeciv Longturn Web - The gossip section

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Canik
Veteran

Re: Freeciv Longturn Web - The gossip section

Post by Canik »

Corbeau wrote:
Canik wrote:You and Moore have assisted Zoltan in hacks and other hostilities. Corbeau you also tried to mislead people to Moore's Zoltan-friendly/Anti-Lexxie discord server claiming it was FCW.org's official server.
I sincerely hope one day you will realise how much you are embarrassing yourself. My only regret is that I won't be near you to see you in person when that happens.

I assisted hacks? How did I do that? I couldn't hack a kitchen drawer if you gave me an axe! It took me a year to find out how rulesets work and then two years to actually edit a functional ruleset! The proof of my haXXor skillZ are splattered all over this forum! How on Earth would I be able to do anything with hacking?

And Moore? Yeah, FBI's most wanted...

As for "misleading people which server is official"... Are you making this up on your own or Lexxie actually persuaded you that this really happened? We have two additional Discord servers and BOTH of them have links to Freeciv Web Discord server! While on your server you are keeping a complete blackout, people get banned and lines get deleted if links to the other servers are posted! And YOU are accusing ME of making a mess with servers!? You really need to get out of Lexxie's shadow occasionally, get some sunlight because this is bad for your mental health!

I'm not going to comment on Wieder's banning. I'll just say that you have banned of people from FCW GAMES that I know for a fact were not multies or did anything illegal!
Canik wrote:And yeah, pretty much all Lexxie does is fight hackers and improve FCW. She has skipped the last several games focusing purely on fighting hackers and improving FCW.
She "skipped" the last game in a way that she played it under a different name, when she got bitchslapped she resorted to her admin level to gain additional advantage and do diplomacy and then, when it turned out she is going to lose anyway declared that "she is abandoning the game in order to fight hackers". All documented.

Really, my only issue is are you deliberately spewing bullshit or you really believe what you are saying.

Actually, Wahazar made the best remark so far. Freecivweb.org is a kindergarden, it is created TO BE a kindergarden. "Anyone who is just a normal player has no need for concern", you say? Yeah, anyone who knows his place, who doesn't threaten Lexxie's in-game position or dares to criticise the perfect master-plan - that changes with time anyway. Two years ago she was arguing that "MP ruleset is an impeccble perfection tested in thousands of games" and that everybody daring to experiment with rulesets are "amateurs unable to win by the present rules", and now we get that the most idiotic ruleset changes happen at your place - shovel men and reporting the location of capital of players who discover Horse Riding before Lexxie does - and that MP ruleset has evolved from boring to ridiculous.

Seriously. Stop embarrassing yourself. You'll feel bad later.
"As for "misleading people which server is official"... Are you making this up on your own or Lexxie actually persuaded you that this really happened?"

I saw it with my own eyes. You absolutely did do this and AFTER we had said not to link to other places and you were aware (if you're aware at all) that you were on thin-ice. I have no sympathy for you and your banning. You might as well as asked for it.

"She "skipped" the last game in a way that she played it under a different name"

Not just the last game but the last few games. G20, G21, G22 I believe. If she did play under a different name in any of those she must've not been trying. A random new expert player is always suspected of being someone under a new name, which is fine, it just peaks the curiousty and everyone tries to figure out who it is. Tell me, who was Lexxie in those games?

"Really, my only issue is are you deliberately spewing bullshit or you really believe what you are saying."
The feeling is mutual. xD

"now we get that the most idiotic ruleset changes happen at your place - shovel men and reporting the location of capital of players who discover Horse Riding before Lexxie does - and that MP ruleset has evolved from boring to ridiculous."

Shovel men (Well-diggers) are an excellent addition that allow for map-randomness without totally screwing anyone over from a water source. Virtually all of our changes have been very well-received. We have also made many great improvements to interface. Things like the ability to select all units. Selecting a tech you have enough bulbs for will now ask for confirmation in case you misclicked instead of just instantly researching it. Hit spacebar to exit out of a selected unit. When you move a unit it now selects a nearby unit instead of one half-way across the map. You can save a location on the map and bounce between that and your current location (I forget the hotkeys for that one tho xD), you can now select your nation at the start and much much more! We have an amazing Dev team who has improved FCW.org many fold! They are FCW Patriots and I salute them. Lexxie, Andreas and Rhue o7
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

Wahazar wrote:
Canik wrote: You may disagree with the "Horses Discovered" announcement but it's not Admin creating their own exploits. It's publically announced.
No matter how do you call it, it is not a matter of phraseology, it is just a bogus feature, which was done in rage.
It is forgivable, just human things to mistakenly step into quicksand, but all these advocacy and lies *) that such exploit/cheat/feature whatever we call it is "for higher cause" is like panic movements in quicksand.
Please be calm and move your feet back and go forward in correct direction. FCW deserve it. It is a great and important project, which fit into general gaming tendency (online content available in browser), and whole community is also crucial to keep it healthy, please don't ruin it.

*) horse discovered was introduced directly when person in charge was attacked by horsemen. Moreover, it doesn't solve effectively issues of latecomers.
Some other ideas may solve it better, but were not introduced, and horse feature was also not discussed earlier. Case closed.
Don't worry, FCW will continue in the right direction. :) As I said earlier it will continue to be evaluated. Everything will be perfected just give it time, be patient, remain calm and diplomatic. Lexxie's word is not necessarily the final word, as essential as she is, there is a whole team of Admins/Devs who do have independant thoughts. (Despite what Corbeau might have you believe)
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

Whazar: ...horse discovered was introduced directly when person in charge was attacked by horsemen.
FALSE. Did you make the mistake of believing political lies campaign from banned cheaters? Don't do it. I spent a lot of time putting the correct information for you.

For the Horseback balance fix:
You have not read the goals.
You have not attempted the challenge to make a better solution for the goals.
You have not understood the explanations and effects of the change.
You have not augmented or criticised the goals.
You have not done unbiased PMI on plus/minus/interesting effects of the solution.
>>> http://sourcesofinsight.com/avoid-the-i ... ence-trap/ <<< try it for first time on this situation!
You haven't researched. Please start by reading about Botai and at least 5 minutes learning the published goals.
You haven't interviewed FCW admins or others for what are the most common problems and areas to improve, over many web games.
You have provided no analysis or mathematics or anything, for the goals and the balance effects.
You declare any change we made is to secretly benefit me, when: 1) you do not know who made the change, 2) everything in FCW is open and published for all players to equally know, with most extensive documentation and explanations of any server or rules in existence, and 3) not knowing anything about my own private play style.

Finally, you make false statements about horsemen and mounted units being made weaker in MP2 rules. This is false. In MP2 they are stronger than in Classic, MP, and MP+.

What polite civilised people try to do is read and respect answers, OR if they aren't sure, they make a direct challenge or opinion that something APPEARS to be an incorrect explanation. Then, because they are humble, they give the reasons x,y,z for why it appears to them this way. This gives other polite reasonable people a chance to explain and elucidate more things. Many times disagreements are resolved this way with both sides learning more.

Almost everything Corbeau has said is wildly false and should be obvious malignant motivation on his part. It hopefully doesn't need a genius to figure out, that people banned for cheating, who did not participate in a game or witness anything, are not reliable sources.

Be careful about anyone who spends so much time starting politics gossip wars. Ask others privately to get more info. Do some investigations, ask questions, try to participate in positive collaborative discussion, or just observe and try to think and analyse.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Canik wrote: If she did play under a different name in any of those she must've not been trying.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Well, this is the gossip section, so here is some Lexxie's rambling from Discord. This is only a preview, if you want more, feel free to join here ;)
Attachments
Lexxie.png
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...