Freeciv Longturn Web - The gossip section

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Canik
Veteran

Re: Freeciv Longturn Web - The gossip section

Post by Canik »

Corbeau wrote:Huh, interesting. What happened to "truth, the WHOLE truth" etc.?

Let us begin.
Canik wrote:Then, FCW.. G17? happened. I think it was G17.
The fact that you're not aware that it begun long, LONG before G17 shows how little you know. About a year-long abusive behaviour, lies, deceits, harassment by Lexxie. It was personal and it was through private channels. Moore had her blocked for a while because she was too much to handle (somewhere very roughly between game 10 and 15). Zoltan was actually doing ALL the work for FCW for a time and then he flipped because of her harassment, stubbornness and disrespect for HIS time. I'm not defending his actions, only shedding a bit different light on it.

I did mention there was drama before that, it was the line literally right before the one you quoted:
" I listened and learned all I could from both sides and would try to keep a neutral objectivity when there was drama between them.

Then, FCW.. G17? happened. I think it was G17."

Yeah, there was drama between them prior to G17 but G17 is when it flew off the handle. And the dramas before that were not one-sided from what I saw and I saw quite a bit. What says a lot is that even you won't defend Zoltan's actions of that time. As you rightfully should not. There are a thousand different ways he could've handled it a thousand times better.

Anyway, in that game Zoltan and Moore both took advantage of exploits and hacks. Zoltan literally wrote up a quick script to open and close the trade window 5 times a second, targetting Lexxie so she could not do anything.
Again, you don't know the background. This was a part of an issue of Lexxie being online literally 24 hours a day and nobody being able to make any moves against her without her watching and reacting. She gave excuses but, bottom line, refused to go offline so that others can play a turn-based game, and not a real-time strategy, which longturn is supposed to be.

So he made her sign off.

[ color=#4000BF] There was that too. I am aware of the background. There was no rule against being online too much. Zoltan did abuse his admin to force her to log off though. [/color]
In response to backlash against this and other things that people questioned, Zoltan said essentially FCW was supposed to be a playground for hackers.
Yes, because the game was full of holes that Lexxie refused to patch. Not mid-game. In general.

She couldn't patch them then. She is patching and fixing more than Zoltan ever would've now though.
Moore also took advantage of an exploit to gain partisans switching back and forth with allied cities. And in the past had shared his view with me that everyone cheats if they can, so it's ok.
This, my young one, is a standard exploit known forever. This is why in some (maybe all?) LT games the partisan thing is disabled completely. Lexxie refused to do this "because the MP ruleset is sacred and should not be meddled with by amateurs". So, if it's possible and known, you'd be a fool not to use it.

Was Lexxie GM of that game? Either way, I will concede the point that using that exploit was maybe not such a terrible thing. Still, he has also used map hacks, made multis and had a very liberal attitude towards cheating.
This along with other things of questionable ethics Zoltan/Moore and company were doing.. I lost faith in the integrity game and could no longer stomach the vindictive obsession they had against Lexxie that they prioritized over all else.
Nah, they simply stopped taking the game seriously. Like I said, I'm not defending anybody, Zoltan *was* naughty and I'm trying to dissuade him from it, but you don't know the whole story. Hell, the personal chats I could share...

If they were taking messing with Lexxie and much of the community along with her more seriously than FCW's integrity and health then, same difference. They were still prioritizing that over FCW. Zoltan acted wildly improperly for an Admin. Lexxie, I literally just argued with her before this post and it got heated for a moment but she is still more restrained where it counts, in actions, if not words, and less of a dictator than Zoltan was. She's getting a lot more good things done as well. She's an upgrade, easy.
Lexxie is not Gandi, at times she got nasty too but her every move wasn't centered around vindictiveness.
Incorrect. She unleashed her full schizoid fury against everybody and everything who disagreed with her managing of rulesets. Wieder, of all people, was banned from her Discord server because he wouldn't stop arguing about rulesets. If anyone is known for holding a calm and reasonable discussion, it's Wieder. And he got banned because... Still not sure I'm able to repeat Lexxie's "reasoning".

Weider may be calm in tone but he could be very disruptive. Whether it's intentional or not, I thought it was unintentional for a long time. I try not to assume the worst, I am not much for conspiracy theories but intentional or not, he could be disruptive and annoying. When the G17 crisis happened he derailed talk about Zoltan hacking practically spamming his views on "RTSing", when asked to stop, he argues. I can see how Lexxie would think it 's passive-aggressive psyops stuff. And there are so many examples like that, she is not alone in wanting Weider's "contributions" to stop.
She held the integrity and betterment of FCW a higher priority.
... and her relentless grip over its entirety.
A looser grip than Zoltan.
The rest are cheaters and trolls. They have made many attacks against our new server as we tried to establish it, an actual hack attack by Zoltan, them flooding them game with multis. They posted hacks, data to ruin G18, the list goes on and on.
Do go on, then.
About Corbeau's Banning specifically:
And now the fun part!
I saw it all. I do not want people banned but Corbeau and his friends have EARNED it. They were warned, they were given chances, they hacked,
I did not hack.
made multis,
I did not make multis.
continued linking to other sites
Ay, therein lies the rub. So this is a sin, informing people in the in-game chat that a new game is starting there-and-then, after they asked when the new game is starting? If that is a sin, I am guilty as charged.
and were in general hostile.
Nope. I haven't spoken a word to Lexxie in months. Literally. Maybe exchanged a line or two about very technical matters (in the form of question/answer), but that was literally a line or two. I did have some arguments with Andreas on Discord when I said that he is a neo-nazi after he tried to justify Anders Breivik's actions. Surprise, a day later I was banned from the game! And I wasn't even sure if that was because of that comment or because I literally answer a player's question with "A new game is starting in a week, more info here-and-here". Both seemed equally berserk.

So, basically, me "being generally hostile" is a lie, at least when it concerns the last few months.
In our G20 you also posted a link to Moore's discord channel (which is decidedly critical of Lexxieserver) in a way that it would be seen as the official discord for Lexxieserver, which is what we were on and where it was posted. You should've known this is something we would take offense to and that you were not exactly on thick ice. Along with all the other things you've done and the times you HAVE been hostile.

Look - anyone who is a normal person with a little commonsense and no ill-intent, they have no fear of being banned. When Lexxie starts banning people like that, I'll revolt to. This is NOT the case here.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Canik wrote:
Corbeau wrote:
In response to backlash against this and other things that people questioned, Zoltan said essentially FCW was supposed to be a playground for hackers.
Yes, because the game was full of holes that Lexxie refused to patch. Not mid-game. In general.

She couldn't patch them then. She is patching and fixing more than Zoltan ever would've now though.
Not "couldn't". WOULDN'T. Her reply was literally "I don't want to do this because (insert Lexxie reasons about gameplay and amateurs messing with the game balance)".
This along with other things of questionable ethics Zoltan/Moore and company were doing.. I lost faith in the integrity game and could no longer stomach the vindictive obsession they had against Lexxie that they prioritized over all else.
Nah, they simply stopped taking the game seriously. Like I said, I'm not defending anybody, Zoltan *was* naughty and I'm trying to dissuade him from it, but you don't know the whole story. Hell, the personal chats I could share...

If they were taking messing with Lexxie and much of the community along with her more seriously than FCW's integrity and health then, same difference. They were still prioritizing that over FCW. Zoltan acted wildly improperly for an Admin. Lexxie, I literally just argued with her before this post and it got heated for a moment but she is still more restrained where it counts, in actions, if not words, and less of a dictator than Zoltan was. She's getting a lot more good things done as well. She's an upgrade, easy.
"Dictator"? Zolltan ran the server on his own, didn't force anyone to do anything, didn't ban anyone. He simply didn't adhere to her wishes.
Lexxie is not Gandi, at times she got nasty too but her every move wasn't centered around vindictiveness.
Incorrect. She unleashed her full schizoid fury against everybody and everything who disagreed with her managing of rulesets. Wieder, of all people, was banned from her Discord server because he wouldn't stop arguing about rulesets. If anyone is known for holding a calm and reasonable discussion, it's Wieder. And he got banned because... Still not sure I'm able to repeat Lexxie's "reasoning".
Weider may be calm in tone but he could be very disruptive. Whether it's intentional or not, I thought it was unintentional for a long time. I try not to assume the worst, I am not much for conspiracy theories but intentional or not, he could be disruptive and annoying.
Yes. Disagreeing tends to annoy people people with low tolerance for disagreement and different opinions. Also known as "dictators".
When the G17 crisis happened he derailed talk about Zoltan hacking practically spamming his views on "RTSing", when asked to stop, he argues. I can see how Lexxie would think it 's passive-aggressive psyops stuff. And there are so many examples like that, she is not alone in wanting Weider's "contributions" to stop.
Interestingly enough, she was the only one arguing with him.

Actually, she was also the only one arguing with Moore. Nobody else did.

See the pattern?
She held the integrity and betterment of FCW a higher priority.
... and her relentless grip over its entirety.
A looser grip than Zoltan.
He was the admin. he had the tools. Now he doesn't and she does. So, care to reassess which one is looser?
The rest are cheaters and trolls. They have made many attacks against our new server as we tried to establish it, an actual hack attack by Zoltan, them flooding them game with multis. They posted hacks, data to ruin G18, the list goes on and on.
Do go on, then.
Still waiting.
In our G20 you also posted a link to Moore's discord channel (which is decidedly critical of Lexxieserver)
How can a "channel" be "decidedly critical"? "Moore's" server has over 100 people in it. Are they all critical?

Also, I forgot to mention this in my last post, thanks for reminding me.

There is no censorship in "Moore's" server. All games can be discussed there,

There is also no censorship in the Longturn Discord server. If someone posts some straight information there, it will not be deleted.

The only North Korean style censorship is present in Lexxie's server, and the only bans are happening in Lexxie's games. Some topics - not destructive ones - are forbidden. Unrelated to the extent of discussion, unrelated to the content, it is forbidden to MENTION other servers. Complete blackout.
in a way that it would be seen as the official discord for Lexxieserver, which is what we were on and where it was posted.
Huh? What does this even mean? I was sharing information about a game and about a server where there is information about the game. Are you saying I should have posted the link to the server where it is forbidden to discuss that game? What are you talking about?
You should've known this is something we would take offense to and that you were not exactly on thick ice.
In my multi-decade long career of a normal human being I have given hope of trying to predict what someone may take offense of. And with Lexxie, I've given hope that it is actually possible to predict.
Along with all the other things you've done and the times you HAVE been hostile.
You mean when I was raping nuns and making children get lost in the forest? Look, can we not talk about it anymore?
Look - anyone who is a normal person with a little commonsense and no ill-intent, they have no fear of being banned. When Lexxie starts banning people like that, I'll revolt to. This is NOT the case here.
Like Wieder, Moore... Oh, but there was a reason for banning THEM, right? And the good thing about reasons is taht they never run out. You can always think of a new one.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

[quote=Corbeau]Also, nobody is "working against FCW". I have repeatedly stated that I support its existence and progress, was playing it and would be glad if they reached thousands of players. My motives for this are selfish because I like LT more, I believe it is run more professionally, but it is more accessible and will, by default, attract more people, and the more people are drawn to Freeciv generally by FCW, the more will spill to other sub-communities.[/quote]

Aggressively trying to recruit from us when we just got off the ground DOES hurt us because it frustrates and de-motivates those working hard to build up FCW. We're doing this for FCW, not LT.net. We shouldn't have to allow people who won't respect the rules of our home to live there criticizing and trying to steal from our hard work.

We wouldn't mind FCW spilling over into other communities if you 1) have a friendly relationship with us where you respect us in our home and 2) give us some time to build up

Unfortunately, things are to the point now I do not see quick amends being made. Perhaps time will heal wounds.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Canik wrote:Aggressively trying to recruit from us when we just got off the ground
please quote instances of "aggressively recruiting".
DOES hurt us because it frustrates and de-motivates those working hard to build up FCW. We're doing this for FCW, not LT.net.
See, there's the difference. "We" are doing whatever we are going, for the Freeciv community. Because of all people who stumble upon LT, not everybody will like it. Of all the people who stumble upon Freeciv.org and decide they don't like multiplayer, and would rather play solo at home, fine, it's good to keep them ALL in ANY of the similar communities, and there is a chance that eventually some of them will want to try out similar stuff.

At your place, you don't allow even a glimplse of the other things that are out there. You are selfish, single-minded little people buttoned up in yrou little hermetic society, fearful for your little barel that you refuse to get out of.

THAT is the difference.
We shouldn't have to allow people who won't respect the rules of our home to live there criticizing and trying to steal from our hard work.
Stealing? Nobody ever said "come to LT, don't play FCW" and nobody ever will.
--
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

" "Dictator"? Zolltan ran the server on his own, didn't force anyone to do anything, didn't ban anyone. He simply didn't adhere to her wishes. "

Do you not remember the Open Letter signed by like 14 people?
Do you not remember Zoltan ignoring community polls?
And yeah, he did would ban you. He'd just unban you, after he was done making his moves.

"See a pattern here?"

No, because just like it wasn't simply HER wishes he didn't adhere to, it wasn't simply HER who disagreed with Weider/Moore or didn't like what they were doing. To anyone reading this, do not buy into the narrative that it's just Lexxie. I am not Lexxie and I agree with her on many issues and I know others do as well.
Canik
Veteran

Post by Canik »

"See, there's the difference. "We" are doing whatever we are going, for the Freeciv community. Because of all people who stumble upon LT, not everybody will like it. Of all the people who stumble upon Freeciv.org and decide they don't like multiplayer, and would rather play solo at home, fine, it's good to keep them ALL in ANY of the similar communities, and there is a chance that eventually some of them will want to try out similar stuff.

At your place, you don't allow even a glimplse of the other things that are out there. You are selfish, single-minded little people buttoned up in yrou little hermetic society, fearful for your little barel that you refuse to get out of.

THAT is the difference."

We would've allowed it, if LT.netters practiced better diplomacy than this but no, you wanted to have your cake and eat it too.

Throw away the Pennywise CD and the anti-establishment teenage angst, Corbeau. You aren't entitled to our servers or games.
Practice diplomacy.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Big words, little people.

What cake, dude? What are you rambling about?

Oh, well, to each his own, I guess.

If anyone needs “us”, you know where to find “us”.

Join the dark side, we has cookies.
--
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Oh, and don't flatter yourselves. You are not the "establishment". You are just a fraction of a small marginal community who had nothing better to do than to play authority in their little mudpile. Listen to yourself. "Diplomacy"? "Entitlement"? We are so insignificant, all of us here, that your illusions of grandeur are beyond pathetic. All you managed to do was fragment this small community even more by alienating everyone who ever came in touch with you and actually tried looking into it deeper.

And I'm basically the biggest idiot here trying to emphasize something that will be best resolved by letting Mother Nature run its course. So I'll let it be now. This should have been the Infogossip channel, not My Schwartz Is Bigger Than Yours contest.
--
Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

If anyone was wondering, the above proves the case of anti-FCW political psy-ops and slanderous propaganda that can result in a ban. Look carefully where he admits some things then later denies his own admissions.

Don't trust a single thing this guy says. But why would he lie? It's like I said before, it is all calculated and staged in a total political war against our server, and it always has been. The motive is simple. I said it before. Try to hurt the superior more popular service and recruit to their own. Remember the Latin phrase "Cui bono?"--who benefits?--used by detectives across the world to get to the bottom of he said/she said allegations. FCW gains nothing by giving their server any attention and we regret that's a side effect--our own "cui bono" benefit is always in reactive response to their proactive degradation ops on OUR server, crossing the line then staging dramas to throw malicious lies and politics at the public. Their own "cui bono" as a less popular server, for always coming to ours, playing on ours, staging public dramas and making politically damaging accusations against us, is rather clear. Try to downgrade reputation of Server A and get people to come to Server B. That's what this really is, folks. Lies and staged politics. Ask yourself what else could it be? They say they don't enjoy playing on our server, yet are always coming over spending so much time and effort playing on it, trying to cheat on it, getting themselves banned on it, and making a stink drama about it? Yep, that's right: all this is EXACTLY what it appears to be.

It sure is disrespectful of the public, for them to think that you all are only there as an tool for their political agendas and deceit and lies, by the way. Let's quickly respect the public and your right to not be treated as fools.

1.Question I got from one user: "Well if they don't like your server and rules, and get along with you, why are they spending all their focus and attention attacking your server and not just minding their own server?" Good question, I'm glad some you asked. Please see above.

2. There I was along with over 35 other signers of the Open Community Letter begging to fix this malfeasant pro-cheater dictatorship. This letter was written by someone else, not me, I merely supported it like 35 others. Who were the only ones scheming and lying against this initiative? :o Well, what a coincidence! Yep, the only ones against it--and not only against it but a fury of passionate deceitful scheming politics against it--those four people were Corbeau, Mooreinstore, Zoltan, and Wieder! There is no way I'm responsible for not implementing a cheat patch when our only ability at that time was limited to signing "open letters" and start "integrity initiatives" which Corbeau actively and passionately undermined!!
4.The "harrassment and abuse by Lexxie" that Corbeau refers to, is in reality nothing different from what you see here or anywhere else. It's me truthfully defending FCW from slanderous political assassinations and trying to prevent him from degrading FCW then using FCW as a "farm" for his own server. The REAL abuse and harrassment is clearly from a person who stoops to political lies and slander and gets himself banned everywhere he goes. Many former admins and operators from all different personality types and regions of the world, all banning him, or in one case, one of our interim leaders literally quit FCW because of him. Does this sound like a guy who just logs in to play a fun game, or is something else going on with him? Yep you guessed it, it's something else.
5. Corbeau's cabal prevented and IGNORED all public outcry to go back to running a community-based server and respect its own rules. He was the one saying "Guys, look, quit giving yourself credit for being a community. There is no community. You're just an entertainment consumer. Quit this self-organisation nonsense. It's just an informal server operator doing his hobby and you should feel lucky to have it. There is no community/government/vision or rules. You don't exist. There is only him, now stop this nonsense."

Now that I told the truth, I ask you, do you see what I mean about him being a liar? He supports the very bad deeds and people doing them, then blames the people who fought against him as the ones responsible for it. I want to warn you, this is his modus operandi for EVERYTHING ELSE he has ever said and done regarding FCW. For clear "cui bono" reasons everyone can see, he has intent to create political damage. What can we do about it? You only have to read the history above to see that everything said is aimed at attacking FCW, aimed at attacking me, aimed as falsely characterising FCW as "Lexxieserver" rather than the community operation it really is.

Look how the discussion started. Corbeau gets banned for cheating/rules violations/ignoring his probation warnings/violating other rules, he comes on here and says he's banned because his strong fierce nation is a threat to Lexxie, who banned him for some in-game advantage. Assume for a moment that's totally untrue (because it is), then ask yourself, what would be the motive for telling such a lie? OK, let's proceed with more fact checking.

1. (paraphrase) "Lexxie is no better than my buddy Zoltan so we're no worse than her for abusing admin powers to get in-game advantages". Fact-check:
a. FCW is no longer a dictatorship.
b. Other admins are in the game who are NOT my allies and they'd strongly object and probably quit in protest, if this kind of thing happened.
c. Corbeau's nation had THREE large nations between me and it, was not the least bit threatening, is ridiculously far behind in tech compared to our own alliance. IF he were a threat and IF he bordered me then I MIGHT do something like previous games and easily invade and conquer him, but that's NOT the case and like I said, is merely part of impolite slanderous anti-FCW political psy-ops, which is no longer tolerated at FCW and is a bannable offence. Deliberately using lies you personally know to be untrue in an attempt to slander and degrade FCW's reputation is a self-removal from our community. Add it to the 49 other reasons you're OUTTA HERE! Also we finally have an opportunity to escape he-said she-said and prove who is the liar. Our server saves the game every turn. My challenge is that we each put $100 into an escrow, and after the game is over, we take the save game from any turn Corbeau picks, prior to his banning, and publish it. A panel of arbiters will look at the saved game. If it is the least bit debatable whose claims are true and whose are a lie, each person gets their $100 back. On the other hand, if it is clear that Corbeau really was threatening and I got even the slightest in-game advantage from his being banned for OTHER REPEATED RULES VIOLATIONS, Corbeau keeps the $100. If it turns out to be a total slanderous lie, which it is, Corbeau's $100 will be deposited in our server account to fund FCW's operations. Would someone whose claims are true about all this abuse and harrassment do slippery slimy evasions out of such a challenge, or would be gleefully jump on an opportunity to finally prove he's right and make $100 in free money while vindicating himself publicly? Time will tell, but don't hold your breath.

2. As a final note, there was some other really heinous black-hearted slander that's completely untrue, let's deconstruct it.
(paraphrase) "The allied partisan cheat is just a standard part of the game done from time immemorial and just a flaw in their own rules that Lexxie refuses to change."
1. No. It is cheat and cheating has always been against FCW rules regardless of whether you support helped to temporarily sustain a hacker/cheater dictator.
2. It is NOT some thing that was done from time immemorial and your alliance's use of the cheat, was the first time it had taken place on FCW. Please do not confuse FCW with your own server running a version that has not implemented over 5 years of improvements/cheat patches/bug fixes.
3. This particular cheat requires manipulating a game setting to be on that was previously set to OFF for that game.
4. This cheat, in order to do it, required a version ROLLBACK to an older version dated prior to the version active on the launch date of Zoltan's server. It also required manipulating settings, not telling the community about the version, not telling the community about the rollback, not informing the community to equally know there was a BUG that allowed an exploit contrary to the published game rules, and of course, it required Corbeau's political buddy-ally to secretly TEACH the Corbeau-Moore alliance how to exploit the bug that had been deliberately, carefully, and painstakingly re-enabled under clandestine secrecy.
5. I am certainly NOT responsible for all this and have from day one been one of the strongest proponents AGAINST cheating and indeed politicked some of our more hesitant admins and community supporters regarding the necessity of BANNING this cancerous presence from our community so we are no longer locked in reputational combat and getting blamed for their foul politics, cheats, and misdeeds. You can't claim I'm a ban-happy crusader against cheaters and say I'm in favour of not patching cheats at the same time and have people believe it. Or can you? Not sure, but you are failing at it with enough people that the tide is turning in your war and as more and more comes out, it's going to cave in on you. You chose the wrong path. You should have ACCEPTED the friendly cross-promotion + no politics deal OR the second rejected offer of "let's just mind our own business and go our separate ways". Now you're committed to a war you're going to lose.
6. Since the liberation of FCW from his cheater crony-buddy club, and the re-instatement of the rules and culture Corbeau so passionately politicked against, we went right to work on actively patching things--including but not limited to, cheats actively used by Corbeau's Op42 group IN OUR GAMES, which CORBEAU WAS CAUGHT ACTIVELY DISSEMINATING AND OBSTRUCTING OUR ATTEMPTS TO PREVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. I want everyone to be assured. The current instance of FCW never even had the "partisan cheat"--that would have required a careful and deliberate rollback to version MUCH OLDER than the current/active version even when Zoltan first launched his server. If that sure sounds different from me actively refusing to patch it--you're right. It's like I said. This guy is a liar on an anti-FCW political campaign to damage us.
8. The part about poor Zoltan RTSing against Lexxie online all the time is also a lie and more careful consideration of the cheaters' history reveals their use of hacks to log in as other people, hack their map vision, DoS their ability to move, etc. Staying inactively logged in prevents this as well as 4 or 5 other known issues and FCW has very SPECIFIC rules about being logged in to avoid those issues and an agenda to fix all those issues. Do you remember Corbeau mentioning any of this, or do you remember him filibuster/distracting away from a very damning and true point that was made, and using this false accusation as a mechanism to deflect blame and yes, try to damage FCW and its reputation again.
9. The part about Corbeau being banned for being a scary border threat to me so I can remove a threat to my empire is also a lie. Relative to mine and many others, his nation is weak, mediocre, has 3 large nations AND a lake in between me and him, and I could easily eliminate it IF IT WERENT SO FAR AWAY and so insignificant triviality on the much larger "threat radar."

OK I think I got most of the lies debunked. I'm worn out though. If anyone is concerned about any other issue regarding FCW, please say so and I'll let you know the other real facts. And remember, this is the last and final Corb-drama ever on FCW. We finally got rid of it! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Whooo... Ok, again, I may read this post one day, but not today, but while I was scrolling, Point 9. caught my eye, so let's shoot some fish in a barrel.
Lexxie wrote:9. The part about Corbeau being banned for being a scary border threat to me so I can remove a threat to my empire is also a lie. Relative to mine and many others, his nation is weak, mediocre,
Was 2nd in Settled Area at the time of banning.
has 3 large nations
all your allies, one of which was already at war with me.
AND a lake in between me and him
No, not really. I can publish the map here, too, if anyone cares.
, and I could easily eliminate it
Could've, should've, would've...

Again, saving the whole post above for a posterior posterity.
Lexxie wrote:If anyone was wondering, the above proves the case of anti-FCW political psy-ops and slanderous propaganda that can result in a ban. Look carefully where he admits some things then later denies his own admissions.

Don't trust a single thing this guy says. But why would he lie? It's like I said before, it is all calculated and staged in a total political war against our server, and it always has been. The motive is simple. I said it before. Try to hurt the superior more popular service and recruit to their own. Remember the Latin phrase "Cui bono?"--who benefits?--used by detectives across the world to get to the bottom of he said/she said allegations. FCW gains nothing by giving their server any attention and we regret that's a side effect--our own "cui bono" benefit is always in reactive response to their proactive degradation ops on OUR server, crossing the line then staging dramas to throw malicious lies and politics at the public. Their own "cui bono" as a less popular server, for always coming to ours, playing on ours, staging public dramas and making politically damaging accusations against us, is rather clear. Try to downgrade reputation of Server A and get people to come to Server B. That's what this really is, folks. Lies and staged politics. Ask yourself what else could it be? They say they don't enjoy playing on our server, yet are always coming over spending so much time and effort playing on it, trying to cheat on it, getting themselves banned on it, and making a stink drama about it? Yep, that's right: all this is EXACTLY what it appears to be.

It sure is disrespectful of the public, for them to think that you all are only there as an tool for their political agendas and deceit and lies, by the way. Let's quickly respect the public and your right to not be treated as fools.

1.Question I got from one user: "Well if they don't like your server and rules, and get along with you, why are they spending all their focus and attention attacking your server and not just minding their own server?" Good question, I'm glad some you asked. Please see above.

2. There I was along with over 35 other signers of the Open Community Letter begging to fix this malfeasant pro-cheater dictatorship. This letter was written by someone else, not me, I merely supported it like 35 others. Who were the only ones scheming and lying against this initiative? :o Well, what a coincidence! Yep, the only ones against it--and not only against it but a fury of passionate deceitful scheming politics against it--those four people were Corbeau, Mooreinstore, Zoltan, and Wieder! There is no way I'm responsible for not implementing a cheat patch when our only ability at that time was limited to signing "open letters" and start "integrity initiatives" which Corbeau actively and passionately undermined!!
4.The "harrassment and abuse by Lexxie" that Corbeau refers to, is in reality nothing different from what you see here or anywhere else. It's me truthfully defending FCW from slanderous political assassinations and trying to prevent him from degrading FCW then using FCW as a "farm" for his own server. The REAL abuse and harrassment is clearly from a person who stoops to political lies and slander and gets himself banned everywhere he goes. Many former admins and operators from all different personality types and regions of the world, all banning him, or in one case, one of our interim leaders literally quit FCW because of him. Does this sound like a guy who just logs in to play a fun game, or is something else going on with him? Yep you guessed it, it's something else.
5. Corbeau's cabal prevented and IGNORED all public outcry to go back to running a community-based server and respect its own rules. He was the one saying "Guys, look, quit giving yourself credit for being a community. There is no community. You're just an entertainment consumer. Quit this self-organisation nonsense. It's just an informal server operator doing his hobby and you should feel lucky to have it. There is no community/government/vision or rules. You don't exist. There is only him, now stop this nonsense."

Now that I told the truth, I ask you, do you see what I mean about him being a liar? He supports the very bad deeds and people doing them, then blames the people who fought against him as the ones responsible for it. I want to warn you, this is his modus operandi for EVERYTHING ELSE he has ever said and done regarding FCW. For clear "cui bono" reasons everyone can see, he has intent to create political damage. What can we do about it? You only have to read the history above to see that everything said is aimed at attacking FCW, aimed at attacking me, aimed as falsely characterising FCW as "Lexxieserver" rather than the community operation it really is.

Look how the discussion started. Corbeau gets banned for cheating/rules violations/ignoring his probation warnings/violating other rules, he comes on here and says he's banned because his strong fierce nation is a threat to Lexxie, who banned him for some in-game advantage. Assume for a moment that's totally untrue (because it is), then ask yourself, what would be the motive for telling such a lie? OK, let's proceed with more fact checking.

1. (paraphrase) "Lexxie is no better than my buddy Zoltan so we're no worse than her for abusing admin powers to get in-game advantages". Fact-check:
a. FCW is no longer a dictatorship.
b. Other admins are in the game who are NOT my allies and they'd strongly object and probably quit in protest, if this kind of thing happened.
c. Corbeau's nation had THREE large nations between me and it, was not the least bit threatening, is ridiculously far behind in tech compared to our own alliance. IF he were a threat and IF he bordered me then I MIGHT do something like previous games and easily invade and conquer him, but that's NOT the case and like I said, is merely part of impolite slanderous anti-FCW political psy-ops, which is no longer tolerated at FCW and is a bannable offence. Deliberately using lies you personally know to be untrue in an attempt to slander and degrade FCW's reputation is a self-removal from our community. Add it to the 49 other reasons you're OUTTA HERE! Also we finally have an opportunity to escape he-said she-said and prove who is the liar. Our server saves the game every turn. My challenge is that we each put $100 into an escrow, and after the game is over, we take the save game from any turn Corbeau picks, prior to his banning, and publish it. A panel of arbiters will look at the saved game. If it is the least bit debatable whose claims are true and whose are a lie, each person gets their $100 back. On the other hand, if it is clear that Corbeau really was threatening and I got even the slightest in-game advantage from his being banned for OTHER REPEATED RULES VIOLATIONS, Corbeau keeps the $100. If it turns out to be a total slanderous lie, which it is, Corbeau's $100 will be deposited in our server account to fund FCW's operations. Would someone whose claims are true about all this abuse and harrassment do slippery slimy evasions out of such a challenge, or would be gleefully jump on an opportunity to finally prove he's right and make $100 in free money while vindicating himself publicly? Time will tell, but don't hold your breath.

2. As a final note, there was some other really heinous black-hearted slander that's completely untrue, let's deconstruct it.
(paraphrase) "The allied partisan cheat is just a standard part of the game done from time immemorial and just a flaw in their own rules that Lexxie refuses to change."
1. No. It is cheat and cheating has always been against FCW rules regardless of whether you support helped to temporarily sustain a hacker/cheater dictator.
2. It is NOT some thing that was done from time immemorial and your alliance's use of the cheat, was the first time it had taken place on FCW. Please do not confuse FCW with your own server running a version that has not implemented over 5 years of improvements/cheat patches/bug fixes.
3. This particular cheat requires manipulating a game setting to be on that was previously set to OFF for that game.
4. This cheat, in order to do it, required a version ROLLBACK to an older version dated prior to the version active on the launch date of Zoltan's server. It also required manipulating settings, not telling the community about the version, not telling the community about the rollback, not informing the community to equally know there was a BUG that allowed an exploit contrary to the published game rules, and of course, it required Corbeau's political buddy-ally to secretly TEACH the Corbeau-Moore alliance how to exploit the bug that had been deliberately, carefully, and painstakingly re-enabled under clandestine secrecy.
5. I am certainly NOT responsible for all this and have from day one been one of the strongest proponents AGAINST cheating and indeed politicked some of our more hesitant admins and community supporters regarding the necessity of BANNING this cancerous presence from our community so we are no longer locked in reputational combat and getting blamed for their foul politics, cheats, and misdeeds. You can't claim I'm a ban-happy crusader against cheaters and say I'm in favour of not patching cheats at the same time and have people believe it. Or can you? Not sure, but you are failing at it with enough people that the tide is turning in your war and as more and more comes out, it's going to cave in on you. You chose the wrong path. You should have ACCEPTED the friendly cross-promotion + no politics deal OR the second rejected offer of "let's just mind our own business and go our separate ways". Now you're committed to a war you're going to lose.
6. Since the liberation of FCW from his cheater crony-buddy club, and the re-instatement of the rules and culture Corbeau so passionately politicked against, we went right to work on actively patching things--including but not limited to, cheats actively used by Corbeau's Op42 group IN OUR GAMES, which CORBEAU WAS CAUGHT ACTIVELY DISSEMINATING AND OBSTRUCTING OUR ATTEMPTS TO PREVENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7. I want everyone to be assured. The current instance of FCW never even had the "partisan cheat"--that would have required a careful and deliberate rollback to version MUCH OLDER than the current/active version even when Zoltan first launched his server. If that sure sounds different from me actively refusing to patch it--you're right. It's like I said. This guy is a liar on an anti-FCW political campaign to damage us.
8. The part about poor Zoltan RTSing against Lexxie online all the time is also a lie and more careful consideration of the cheaters' history reveals their use of hacks to log in as other people, hack their map vision, DoS their ability to move, etc. Staying inactively logged in prevents this as well as 4 or 5 other known issues and FCW has very SPECIFIC rules about being logged in to avoid those issues and an agenda to fix all those issues. Do you remember Corbeau mentioning any of this, or do you remember him filibuster/distracting away from a very damning and true point that was made, and using this false accusation as a mechanism to deflect blame and yes, try to damage FCW and its reputation again.
9. The part about Corbeau being banned for being a scary border threat to me so I can remove a threat to my empire is also a lie. Relative to mine and many others, his nation is weak, mediocre, has 3 large nations AND a lake in between me and him, and I could easily eliminate it IF IT WERENT SO FAR AWAY and so insignificant triviality on the much larger "threat radar."

OK I think I got most of the lies debunked. I'm worn out though. If anyone is concerned about any other issue regarding FCW, please say so and I'll let you know the other real facts. And remember, this is the last and final Corb-drama ever on FCW. We finally got rid of it! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some more archiving, so that I don't have to look for it later, if the need occurs.
About this.

Now, three days after the ban, I received the information that I was banned because "I shared the map acquired by illegal means" (not the quote, but I believe an accurate intepretation).

This is a lie because:
- if it was, the admins would publish this reason immediately; they didn't, so it most likely isn't; instead, they informed selected people three days later; as it is now, it looks like a subsequent excuse that is trying to cover the real reason
- it is certain that Lexxie was aware that I have received this map, this knowledge being acquired by looking at the private conversations of banned players, very roughly 50 days ago; IF the map was the reason for banning in any variant, the logical thing to do would be to demand that the map be shared to everybody 50 days ago so that I and others who had it don't get the unfair advantage ; since this didn't happen, it is very difficult to believe the map was the reason for the ban
- at the same time as being banned, my comment in the in-game chat about "a LT game starting in two days" was deleted; through other channels, I received information that the reason for banning was "inviting people to the criminals' server" or something like that; a number of other reasons for the ban were mentioned and NONE of them were about the map

During the game, I have been told that the map is being shared to a number of other people who didn't have it in the beginning. Also, for a number of turns I didn't have the map, it being stored on a Discord server that was deleted in the meantime, and me being sloppy as usual neglected to save it to my computer. However, when I learned that the map is doing the rounds and that probably most of the players have it by now, I asked the "criminals" for a copy and then started to distribute it to my current and potential allies who I realised didn't have it.
CorbeauLast Thursday at 5:09 PM
In other words, there is some advantage for Lexxie when she keeps all her communication in private so that everybody is kept in the dark. However, the bad consequence is that she apparently sucks at keeping track abuot what she said to whom and when different stories meet, a short circuit happens.
--