Cannot use / commands

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Civothy

Cannot use / commands

Post by Civothy »

I'm not sure if this is a problem with LongTurn games or the Freeciv web version, so I'm putting the post in this thread. I am finding that I cannot use / commands. For example, /help or /show all is returning nothing to the chat window -- like I never typed it at all.

Is this a bug? Was the feature turned off? I find it very useful so I'm hoping it will be turned back on.
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Cannot use / commands

Post by AndreasR »

This is part of an effort to secure LongTurn games and reduce the amount of need for administrative moderation in LongTurn games. It will also reduce the amount of negative, rude and/or abusive comments in LongTurn games. There is now a setting to enable this in the options dialog. This is not open for discussion. Playing LongTurn games on Freeciv-web is voluntary and free.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

How does removing /help command reduce abusive comments? I understand the security part and it makes sense, but what is the connection with the other thing?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Civothy, this issue has been fixed now.

Andreas
Civothy

Post by Civothy »

Indeed it has, thank you!
Playing Freeciv-web on a Mac running OS X 10.12.3 via Safari 10.0.3
janebond

Post by janebond »

I have problems playing on tablet. Science-, nations- and governement-tab are Not workable. When i Open a tab, Firefox close after 5 sec. Just enough time to change tech, but impossible to look Up Something in the nations-report.