Delegation / Leave of absence

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Corbeau
Elite

Delegation / Leave of absence

Post by Corbeau »

Announcing to all whom it may concern, that I am going on a vacation that will last from Monday, July 31st, till somewhere around August 25th. During that time, my nations will be delegated to:

Game 1: Salemor
Game 2: Mooreinstore
Game 3: Mooreinstore
Game 4: Salemor

I do officially have nations in Games 5 & 6, but I never really played them so consider those idle and free to sweep.

During this time, the delegates have full authority to lead my nations under guidelines I gave them privately, declare war, peace and make deals. I do reserve the right to revise any made deals when I come back, but if they are reasonable - which I have no reason to believe they will not be - I will have no cause to change them and I don't believe this will happen (but if it does, parties will be duly informed).
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
mooreinstore

Re: Delegation / Leave of absence

Post by mooreinstore »

Something is very wrong. My delegation was canceled and now that country is ran by Sandradayoconnor in Game 3. Game 2 now had something like Testtab but didn't cancel the delegation. I see in Game 1 his country became Barb. It looks like Corbeau was kicked off the game like an idle player.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

This is the risk when doing something for the first time. I will try to make a fix which prevents this from happening again. Which commands did you use?
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

/delegate take Corbeau
Then I had to use another users name. Afterwards it was /delegate take Mooreinstore2. The new user did not cancel the delegation in Game 2. In Game 3 the new user canceled the delegation and now that civ is lost. Salemore must be experiencing something similar in Games 1 and 4.
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

Sondradayoconnor said she would be willing to give the civ back to Corbeau. Is there a way to do this so that I can continue the delegation?
mooreinstore

Post by mooreinstore »

Andreas, what do you mean when you say this is the risk you take? Are you just going to shrug your shoulders and just let Corbeau get robbed of his 4 civs? Corbeau has been playing these games for 3 months while championing the game on the forums in long articles. It isn't just fair to Corbeau. It isn't fair to his allies who spent 3 months working with Corbeau to achieve Longturn goals. It isn't even fair to his enemies in the game who will no longer have their adversary to antagonize. All that you have to do is make his Game 1-4 civs return to Corbeau. Then give Salemore and I a temporary password until he comes back. He told you about this trip and the delegation over a month in advance. You did not pitch it to him as a risk. You described delegation as a normal function of the game and gave him guidance on how to do it.
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Cool down, Moore, I have a feeling Andreas meant that he will fix this so that it doesn't happen again after my civs are back under control :)

However, some disarray happened, I'm guessing some vital and expensive production got messed up (you know what I mean) so Maybe it would be fair to get some reasonable sum to repair things. I have no idea and no way to estimate how much because currently I'm sitting in Tesco in Poland using their WiFi and can't really access stuff :D

And yes, shit happens and we all have to kep in mind that this is a volunteer project, some things are messed up when tryin them the first time and, after all, this is all just a game ;)
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

We have to remember freeciv is open source and not even in beta, so we have to realise we are basically test animals.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

mooreinstore wrote:You did not pitch it to him as a risk.
I did tell him it was a risk: "There is a /delegate command, but I'm not sure if it will work in Freeciv-web. So use at your own risk, more info here"
here.

That said, I will try to help you all, to fix this, still as a volunteer.
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

I will have to manually edit the savegames. Please list the changes that I have to do in the savegames for each game, that means the player names to replace with Corbeau in each of the 4 games.