Longturn in August

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Corbeau
Elite

Longturn in August

Post by Corbeau »

The holiday season is approaching and I was wondering if anyone else thinks it would be good to slow down the pace of the game for a bit. I myself will be on a huge road trip from 1st till ~20th and I am not sure when and if I'll have computer access. I'm guessing it's the same for at least some other people (not the road trip, but being away from home and stable internet access and Freeciv Web capability).

I'd like to put forward an idea to make the game slower during that month. There will also probably be a number of delegations going on, and to make it more easy for the delegates, what do people think about increasing the turn duration to ~48 hours? Any thoughts on this?
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...
AndreasR
Elite

Re: Longturn in August

Post by AndreasR »

I don't want to change the timeout at the moment. Summer holidays are at different times in different countries. For example, in Norway it is common to have summer holidays in july.

Perhaps you could play on your mobile phone?
GrantHenninger

Post by GrantHenninger »

I went on vacation for a week at the end of June, it was easy enough to play on my iPad or my phone (if I really had to.)
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Hardware is not the problem, net access is. But if I'm the only who will be offline, then it's not even worth discussing it. Like I said, delegation takes care of it.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...