LongTurn Game 2 for Freeciv-web

Planning and discussing Freeciv Longturn gaming
Zelrond

Re: LongTurn Game 2 for Freeciv-web

Post by Zelrond »

so much white... we really need much more colors to separate everyone lol.
pungtryne
Veteran

Post by pungtryne »

Zelrond wrote:so much white... we really need much more colors to separate everyone lol.
Only 4 colours are needed on a map to make sure no country borders another country of the same colour. Of course we kind of want to have our nations colour, but it would be far more practical to use 4 colours (or more) to avoid any nations bordering each other to have same colour. The luxury variant would be to be able to toggle between these two.
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

pungtryne wrote:
Zelrond wrote:so much white... we really need much more colors to separate everyone lol.
Only 4 colours are needed on a map to make sure no country borders another country of the same colour. Of course we kind of want to have our nations colour, but it would be far more practical to use 4 colours (or more) to avoid any nations bordering each other to have same colour. The luxury variant would be to be able to toggle between these two.
Well, since territories change, you'd have to re-evaluate that every turn and have nations change color, which wouldn't be that awesome either.
~ AVL
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

LongTurn-Web game #2 is now on turn 115. Image of all the nations:

Lexxie
Veteran

Post by Lexxie »

No one seems to know if communism invalidates Marco Polo in game 2. I propose it should be easier to know the rule set you are playing in! Please?
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Lexxie wrote:No one seems to know if communism invalidates Marco Polo in game 2. I propose it should be easier to know the rule set you are playing in! Please?
Marco Polo is not obsoleted in the multiplayer ruleset (which the Freeciv-web Longturn games are using).
However, I agree that obsoletion information should be part of the in-game manual.
~ AVL
AndreasR
Elite

Post by AndreasR »

Join Freeciv-web on Discord here: https://discord.gg/aPnAumv
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

As I posted in the other thread:
Caedo wrote:Well, with the game being terminated, it seems the Sasake incident is over for good. However, no one got the satisfaction of finally wiping him out, and the diplomatic situation after the World War was pretty hazy. So, after over four months, it's not clear who actually won the game. I don't have access to all players' scores, and even then, scores don't mean everything (since, in fact, a few days ago, when I last checked, Sasake was still #1).

For those of us who are unhappy about the game's termination, there are essentially two things to do now:
Firstly, joining the newly-started Game 8 and hoping that it doesn't get prematurely terminated, or secondly, trying out longturn.org, an experienced community of dedicated Freeciv Longturn players. Playing there is not possible from just a web browser (or a mobile device, for that matter), but requires a proper Freeciv client (which also has a lot more features than the web client, and allows you to install modpacks and do all sorts of wacky stuff). I'd recommend the GTK+ client, if your operating system supports it.
While we're at it, when are we going to get the scores? Or could we get the final save to load up in our own clients (if we can make it work)?
~ AVL
Alien Valkyrie
Elite

Post by Alien Valkyrie »

Alright, Andreas shared the final saves on Discord. I was able to get them up and running, and the final scoreboard was led by Pungtryne (1742), Lexxie (1674) and Sasake (1668), followed by a gap of more than 700 points. The next three places go to Dorothy, Zelrond and Mooreinstore. So all in all, even though I'm only in 18th place, five out of the top six players of Game 2 were my allies in Game 1. Also, I have literally six points more than the person I started a war with just a few days ago.

So yeah, in hindsight, even though these games taught me that I don't know jack about actual Freeciv strategy, it was pretty good. I'm trying to properly extract the scores without having to manually copy over each of them, but I can't promise anything.

Also, honorable mention: Babymarrows, the highest-scoring dead player, who was smashed by Sasake and still managed to come out in 22nd place.

And while we're at it: Corbeau and Huevon are the highest-scoring players whose scores are tied.
~ AVL
Corbeau
Elite

Post by Corbeau »

Save yourself the effort, if Andreas said he'll get the scores, he will. Maybe he does make a wrong decision or twenty two occasionally, but he gets the job done.
--
* Freeciv LongTurn, a community of one-turn-per-day players and developers
* LongTurn Blog - information nexus with stuff and stuff and stuff
* Longturn Discord server; real-time chatting, discussing, quarrelling, trolling, gaslighting...